Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Stainless Steel Performer Gen 1 - EE  (Read 9028 times)

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
Weber Stainless Steel Performer Gen 1 - EE
« on: April 03, 2024, 02:42:32 PM »
Hi,

I picked up a Weber Performer SSP locally from FB Marketplace yesterday.  It's in pretty good shape, but I can already see it needs a few parts:
- Blades for the cleaning system
- Lid damper handle
- End cap

Anyone know where I can source these parts?
Also, I'd like to use this post as a reference, where I can get tips, suggestions and recommendations for restoring it, from folks that know a whole lot more about this than I do.

Thank you.
Weber Spirit Gasser/Weber Kettle 22" Black (AA-2011)/Weber Performer Black/Weber SS Performer Red Mist (EE-1999)/26" Master Touch Smoke Grey/Weber Smokey Mountain 22" Black - 3"casters/unknown bbq hinge/lavalock vent handles (4) - Sold

FlashHokie

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Stainless Steel Performer Gen 1 - EE
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 02:47:39 PM »
I saw this one too but have no space at the moment. I'm glad someone here got it! Some on here may have parts that would be willing to help. Your neighbor from Cary!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
Weber Stainless Steel Performer Gen 1 - EE
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 03:30:13 PM »
Nice looking Performer!

The one touch Cleaning system can be purchased from Weber.com (PN #7444). There are most likely members here that have new replacement one touch that you can purchase from them. Amazon also sells non-oem one touch part for cheaper but my experience with them was not great and ended up purchasing from Weber.

Top Vent (damper) Handle - many options.. @Zavod44 makes wooden handles to include top vents. You can purchase handles on Amazon “web top vent handle” or you can make your own using Tom Horsman’s method which is a file handle and a hanger screw (very easy). You can search him on YouTube. Finally, I have a rubber handle that comes original on the performers that I’m glad to send you. Just PM me.

The end cap, Amazon also sells these square caps in different sizes. That looks to be 1.5-2.0”.  I used to have this performer but can’t remember the exact size but the search will give you several options. There may be members hear that have some.

Finally, when I had an SSP (pic attached) that I got from a moving sale it was covered with surface rust. I used the baking soda and apple cider vinegar paste to rub with the grain and it restored the SS to like new condition. I detailed the rest with Simple Green and water. Not really a restore but cleaning. There are many threads here about cleaning/restoring the bowl/lid using various methods.

Use the restoration guides on the site as they hold grate information on the kettles themselves.

I’m sure some of the knowledgeable club members here will give concise info and options.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 03:44:14 PM by Gringo »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 03:50:30 AM »
Good looking SSP 1' square tube cap. I may have a matching vent tab handle if you are looking for original. The sweeps depends on the ash pan if it has the bracket that holds up the ring then then 7444 sweeps are tough to make work correctly.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 10:34:40 AM »
I saw this one too but have no space at the moment. I'm glad someone here got it! Some on here may have parts that would be willing to help. Your neighbor from Cary!

Hi,

In a way, I'm glad you don't have space, otherwise you probably would've scooped it up, yes?  I'm happy I was able to get it, so thanks, I think.  Yes, so far the responses have been encouraging.  I'd like to disassemble it, do a bit of cleanup and reassemble it.  Along the way, I'd like to replace the ash sweep system, as two of the blades have totally eroded.  I'm kind of treating this as a little project, as I'm finding that I'll have some free time over the next couple of months.

A bit of a back story, the bbq was being sold by a younger couple out in Burlington (you probably knew that from the FB ad).  Not sure which, but either his or her father owned it and had it at his beach house in Carolina Beach for 15 years.  He passed away recently, and it made it back to their house in Burlington.  They used it a few times, and decided that they didn't have patience enough to wait for the coals to ash over when cooking, so they bought a gasser and decided to sell it.  I plan on taking good care of it, and using it as my primary kettle.

Signed,
Your neighbor from Apex, and former resident of Cary for 25 years.

Weber Spirit Gasser/Weber Kettle 22" Black (AA-2011)/Weber Performer Black/Weber SS Performer Red Mist (EE-1999)/26" Master Touch Smoke Grey/Weber Smokey Mountain 22" Black - 3"casters/unknown bbq hinge/lavalock vent handles (4) - Sold

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 10:47:44 AM »
Nice looking Performer!

The one touch Cleaning system can be purchased from Weber.com (PN #7444). There are most likely members here that have new replacement one touch that you can purchase from them. Amazon also sells non-oem one touch part for cheaper but my experience with them was not great and ended up purchasing from Weber.

Top Vent (damper) Handle - many options.. @zavod44 makes wooden handles to include top vents. You can purchase handles on Amazon “web top vent handle” or you can make your own using Tom Horsman’s method which is a file handle and a hanger screw (very easy). You can search him on YouTube. Finally, I have a rubber handle that comes original on the performers that I’m glad to send you. Just PM me.

The end cap, Amazon also sells these square caps in different sizes. That looks to be 1.5-2.0”.  I used to have this performer but can’t remember the exact size but the search will give you several options. There may be members hear that have some.

Finally, when I had an SSP (pic attached) that I got from a moving sale it was covered with surface rust. I used the baking soda and apple cider vinegar paste to rub with the grain and it restored the SS to like new condition. I detailed the rest with Simple Green and water. Not really a restore but cleaning. There are many threads here about cleaning/restoring the bowl/lid using various methods.

Use the restoration guides on the site as they hold grate information on the kettles themselves.

I’m sure some of the knowledgeable club members here will give concise info and options.

Good luck!

Thank you, and thank you for all of the good information you provided. Regarding the ash sweep system #7444,  I'll look into it, as well as your other suggestions for parts and cleaning.  I think I would want an original vent damper handle, so I will definitely PM you.

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2024, 11:10:04 AM »
Good looking SSP 1' square tube cap. I may have a matching vent tab handle if you are looking for original. The sweeps depends on the ash pan if it has the bracket that holds up the ring then then 7444 sweeps are tough to make work correctly.

Thank you.  I will also message you regarding the matching vent tab handle.  Does it match the other handles in the pictures below?  Regarding the sweeps, I have also attached pictures of the ash pan and the underside of the bowl where the pan attaches.  Will the 7444 work?  If not, what other options do I have?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 12:51:37 PM by Babekyu »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2024, 01:33:51 PM »
Definitely looks like a worthwhile project, beautiful kettle!

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2024, 02:11:15 PM »
Definitely looks like a worthwhile project, beautiful kettle!

Thanks.  Yours are beautiful also.

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2024, 02:38:43 PM »
For anyone with a stainless steel performer, are you able to find your serial number?  I can't find mine in any of these places -

Performer Touch-N-Go (prior to 2005)
The serial number consists of one or two letters found on the lid damper, plus the bar code containing 5 or 6 numbers, located under the control panel.
- I am able to find the two letters on the lid damper, but where is the control panel?

Located in the upper right-hand corner of owner's manual.
- I don't have the owners manual.

Older units had a bar code underneath the stainless steel charbin cover.
- I am not able to find any numbers underneath the charbin cover (I'm assuming that the charbin cover is the charcoal bin cover?)

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 02:41:12 PM by Babekyu »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2024, 03:01:34 PM »
Here’s where mine are… both SSPs.

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2024, 06:31:29 AM »
Here’s where mine are… both SSPs.

Found it!! Completely blank though.   :(

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2024, 11:04:35 AM »
Got some new bits goin' on the SSP this weekend.

Thanks JEBIV for sourcing the ash sweep system, vent handle and end cap.  Love the sticker too!

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2024, 12:11:28 PM »
That’ll make ‘er shine!!! Good luck!

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2024, 12:23:15 PM »
That’ll make ‘er shine!!! Good luck!

Thanks.