Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Not Much Grilling Going On For Me This Weekend  (Read 16308 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Not Much Grilling Going On For Me This Weekend
« on: February 18, 2024, 10:12:13 AM »
The heading of this forum section states "Anything and Everything" so here goes......

Got out my old slot cars a few weeks back and yesterday got the urge (and permission from the boss) to set up a 60s era Aurora Model Motoring Golden Gate Bridge HO slot car set on the dining room table.  I bought this on ebay probably 15 or 16 years ago and never set it up.  It's used of course and each track piece required restoration..... a bit of satisfaction there, a bit like restoring an old kettle.  I forgot how much fun it is to set up the layout and tweak and run these little cars.  Quite a few of the cars are from my childhood, some came with sets I bought over the years and some I bought 15 years ago when I got this setup.

Here's some pics, hope you enjoy.

FlashHokie

• WKC Brave
Re: Not Much Grilling Going On For Me This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 10:35:34 AM »
Really impressive! I've got an old set that was my dad's. Need to break it out, the kids would love it.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 03:24:22 PM »
Pretty cool!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 03:47:27 AM »
Awesome set up. I had the official 4 lane race track setup back in the day. You could do competitions with other places around the country with the same track. It required 3 4x8 sheets of plywood for the track LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 02:34:42 PM »
The boss gave you WKC Ambassador privilege on this one!  You need a HO scale ambulance in the mix for Dom & Burt!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 03:30:09 AM »

Awesome set up. I had the official 4 lane race track setup back in the day. You could do competitions with other places around the country with the same track. It required 3 4x8 sheets of plywood for the track LOL
Wow, that’s a huge track!  Sounds like a lot of fun….

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 03:32:39 AM »

The boss gave you WKC Ambassador privilege on this one!  You need a HO scale ambulance in the mix for Dom & Burt!
She did!  Lots of patience displayed by her this week with the track and the ranch purchase.  This coming weekend is hers - anything she wants to do, I’m in.
Yes, I need a cannonball run ambo!  Cool idea….

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club