Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bar-B-Que Kettle | BBQ Sauce  (Read 5884 times)

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
Bar-B-Que Kettle | BBQ Sauce
« on: September 02, 2023, 06:26:56 AM »
Just wondering what “go to” sauces y’all have as your base to mix and add your own spices to???

I like Blue Hog for a base l and their Chipotle Raspberry is something interesting and a family favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Bar-B-Que Kettle | BBQ Sauce
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 12:57:33 PM »
Something special from Wisconsin.
This is one of our favorites [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 05:58:01 AM »
Open Pit original on chicken.  I doctor it up and I like the unnatural red color.  Montgomery inn is another one of my favorites.

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 06:28:26 AM »

Open Pit original on chicken.  I doctor it up and I like the unnatural red color.  Montgomery inn is another one of my favorites.

Open pit has been around for ages!  Remember it 40 years ago when stocking shelves at the local market!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 09:42:36 AM »
Gringo if you like the blues hog (and who doesn't!) you should really try out Meat Mitch's Whomp Sauce if you can find it. We sell a wide range of sauces and I've tried many of the go-to's out there and it's the first sauce in years that has me reaching for it as much or more than the blues hog. Similar flavor profile but different if that makes sense lol.

https://meatmitch.com/products/meat-mitch-whomp-competition-bbq-sauce

Highly recommended!

Also a huge fan of Hey Grill Hey's Maple Bourbon Grilling sauce. My 100% go-to for pork ribs if we want to go sweet... she also has the recipe posted online and you can make something similar your own. Haven't made it myself yet but plan on trying...

https://heygrillhey.com/maple-bourbon-glaze/

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 10:19:29 AM »

Gringo if you like the blues hog (and who doesn't!) you should really try out Meat Mitch's Whomp Sauce if you can find it. We sell a wide range of sauces and I've tried many of the go-to's out there and it's the first sauce in years that has me reaching for it as much or more than the blues hog. Similar flavor profile but different if that makes sense lol.

https://meatmitch.com/products/meat-mitch-whomp-competition-bbq-sauce

Highly recommended!

Also a huge fan of Hey Grill Hey's Maple Bourbon Grilling sauce. My 100% go-to for pork ribs if we want to go sweet... she also has the recipe posted online and you can make something similar your own. Haven't made it myself yet but plan on trying...

https://heygrillhey.com/maple-bourbon-glaze/

Thank you 640!!  I will try to find it. Appreciate you and others posting on the thread!

I use Blues Hog competition as a base and add spices, Worcestershire, vinegar to get to a taste I like. Son-in-law likes their  out of bottle Raspberry Chipotle as his goto.

Thanks again for the inputs!!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2023, 05:14:14 PM »
love it

Open pit has been around for ages!  Remember it 40 years ago when stocking shelves at the local market!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2023, 05:16:02 PM »
that reply didn't work right.  I like the chart of the variations of open pit you posted.  I remember having it as a kid in the 70's 80's

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2023, 12:15:12 PM »
@HoosierKettle, chart just from vendor website. I like colorful timelines too!