Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cadillac Skirt Steak Tacos n Homemade Chips  (Read 3067 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Cadillac Skirt Steak Tacos n Homemade Chips
« on: June 24, 2023, 05:23:31 PM »
First time firing up “Cadillac” as the Summit will be referred to as such going forward - since all the upgrades of bowl, sweeps, ignition system, Kisk Ash basket and Killa Grilla grates.  Lots of pics, please forgive but I was excited to share all the details.  My usual marinade of soy sauce, olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes was used on this magnificent outside skirt steak from Wild Fork and it did not disappoint.  We also made chips out of low carb tortillas inside in 350F canola, sprinkled with fine sea salt.  Dipping cheese, crumble cheese, onions and peppers rounded out the taco goodness.  Garden peppers on the side, oh man.  Loved cooking on Cadillac tonight….

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

FlashHokie

• WKC Brave
Re: Cadillac Skirt Steak Tacos n Homemade Chips
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 05:26:24 PM »
Beautiful grill and food. No apology needed for all the pics! Love it!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 05:45:26 PM »
Couple more pics Of the steak….So good, I highly recommend Wild Fork Prime outside skirt….

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 10:11:19 AM »
Looks amazing as always, I'm more of a Chevy guy, but I'd ride a caddy

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2023, 05:40:35 PM »
You hit a home run with that meal Greg!

I agree WFF outside skirts is awesome. Much better than Publix too

Give this a try next time for dessert. After frying the tortillas, sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on them just as you remove them from the hot oil.

Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2023, 06:08:35 AM »
Thanks all, these were the best skirt steak tacos we've ever had....

Great idea Robert with the tortillas.  Another thought is powdered sugar like a bignet with a drizzle of honey.  Not carb friendly, but great for cheat day!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2023, 07:43:31 AM »
Great looking tacos, chips and Summit Bama!

That’s the first I’ve seen of the charcoal basket upgrade for the Summit and now wish I could find one! Slick setup
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2023, 08:04:47 AM »
Great looking tacos, chips and Summit Bama!

That’s the first I’ve seen of the charcoal basket upgrade for the Summit and now wish I could find one! Slick setup
Thanks Matt!  I understand that Kick Ash is coming out with a basket specifically for the Summit very soon.  This one is a Kick Ash for an 18" Weber kettle and I added a Killa Grilla SS charcoal grate made for an 18" Weber kettle.  I really like having the coals a little lower than top level and higher than the low level which worked perfectly for searing an olive oil coated steak, allowing some flames without scorching the steaks.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2023, 08:17:28 AM »
Thanks Matt!  I understand that Kick Ash is coming out with a basket specifically for the Summit very soon.  This one is a Kick Ash for an 18" Weber kettle and I added a Killa Grilla SS charcoal grate made for an 18" Weber kettle.  I really like having the coals a little lower than top level and higher than the low level which worked perfectly for searing an olive oil coated steak, allowing some flames without scorching the steaks.

Will have to keep an eye out for sure - Although it looks like the 18" basket and grate fit almost perfectly? any modifications or does it just hang in there on its own? ... I was mistaken for a minute there and thought the basket was Killa Grilla (and no longer available!) so good news
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2023, 10:57:53 AM »

Will have to keep an eye out for sure - Although it looks like the 18" basket and grate fit almost perfectly? any modifications or does it just hang in there on its own? ... I was mistaken for a minute there and thought the basket was Killa Grilla (and no longer available!) so good news
Basket sits perfectly inside the outer stock ring with no mods necessary.  Here's a better pic... I just happened to have an extra killa grilla charcoal grate for an 18" kettle that worked perfectly.  The KA basket is designed to work with a standard 18" kettle charcoal grate but I wanted something a little stronger and SS.