Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A few unique things...  (Read 548 times)

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
A few unique things...
« on: March 09, 2023, 11:48:33 AM »
I haven't posted in almost exactly four years. Corresponding with my two oldest starting junior high and high school sports. In that time, I've had the opportunity to gather a few unique items.

Spent a week or so in Europe in summer of 22. At a home store there, the sales people were super cool and sold us a Weber emblem brand that was display only. Also gave us a poster/mat. It's about 3 ft across and padded on the back. In the store you could buy a grill with a hinge already attached. Looked to be factory? 

Couple years ago, a client with a woodshop that I helped thru a fire damage made a table for my performer as a thank you.  The wood colors are all the actual color including the orange house. It's called padauk. White is maple and rest is walnut.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
Re: A few unique things...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 12:02:27 PM »
That's some cool stuff. The table is beautiful. Fantastic work.
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 12:07:55 PM »
Really cool stuff there.  Love the performer table.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 09:53:25 AM »
Hey @Ted B where in Europe you had been visiting? Seems to me in Germany? Yes the branding iron is original brand and legit. A cool item to add.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 11:12:07 AM »
Hey @Ted B where in Europe you had been visiting? Seems to me in Germany? Yes the branding iron is original brand and legit. A cool item to add.

We spent time in Switzerland, Italy, and a short time in Germany.  The brand is from Germany.  The sales guy was telling us how in Germany, Weber is not only number one but basically the only one.  The Weber section was much larger than we see here and there wasn't any other grills being sold.  They also had a lot of extra accessories that I haven't seen here.  We picked up an olive oil dispenser and salt/pepper shakers. 

edit:  sorry I didn't realize you are in Europe lol.  I'm in the States for context. 

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 04:38:06 PM »
Ahhh. To have Weber briquettes again…….[emoji22]

TonyUK

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 12:30:41 AM »

I find it strange that it's difficult to get Weber briqs in the US....it's biggest market. We have it by the pallet full here. It's produced somewhere in Europe.

I was given the branding iron as a gift. It sat in a drawer for years, unused. I cut the handle off and nailed the kettle silhouette to my Q-shed.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 12:32:28 AM by TonyUK »

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 11:40:42 AM »

I find it strange that it's difficult to get Weber briqs in the US....it's biggest market. We have it by the pallet full here. It's produced somewhere in Europe.

I was given the branding iron as a gift. It sat in a drawer for years, unused. I cut the handle off and nailed the kettle silhouette to my Q-shed.

And yet, amazingly, there are numerous Weber products available overseas that are not available in the good 'ole US of A . . .

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2023, 11:55:41 AM »
Yeah there is certainly something about their marketing that makes me scratch my head. Maybe some of that stuff is just designed overseas? I don’t know

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
A few unique things...
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2023, 12:48:33 PM »
After striking up a friendship with a Weber brand manager, I think a lot of it has to do with legal. Some things can be easily done in Europe because of less or different governmentlegal restrictions and vice versa.

"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!