Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber SS Performer Touch-n-Go  (Read 420 times)

biddyK

• Smokey Joe
Weber SS Performer Touch-n-Go
« on: November 20, 2022, 03:16:24 PM »
I caught the bug again and picked up a red Weber SS Performer Touch-n-Go. It was a freebie but needs a lot of work (new bottom rails, new sweeps, lacking a castor, new thermometer, new ignitor, new SS bolts, and a general cleanup the likes of which I have not undertaken before). The 5 gal gas assist tank is empty and out of date. I would like to switch it to a 1 gal green Coleman tank setup. All the posts I have found on the subject have broken links and pics no longer available. I hope to find a fitting that will work as a 1" female thread (with the depressor that released gas from the tank)  to a male quick connect that will fit the current female connect on the system. Not having much luck on the interwebs finding such a doohickey. If anyone has a link to a product or two that will make that work for me I would much appreciate it.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 03:18:35 PM by biddyK »

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

biddyK

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber SS Performer Touch-n-Go
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 01:32:29 PM »
Thank you for the link but Yikes! That is a spendy hose. and here I thought the replacement 5 lb tanks in need of modification were spendy.  I don't know that my hose and regulator are bad yet.  I wonder if the following fittings would work instead.  The first to attach to the 1 gal tank...

https://www.amazon.com/Hooshing-Propane-Adapter-Throwaway-Cylinder/dp/B082MBGVXN?th=1

and then use the female threaded to male quick connect from this pairing to tie into the current hose and regulator.

https://www.amazon.com/MOFLAME-Fittings-Connecting-Appliance-Conversion/dp/B08YNHXK75/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3ANFO2J9NEWVM&keywords=1%2F4%22+Male+NPT+Thread+to+quick+connect&qid=1669068670&sprefix=1%2F4+male+npt+thread+to+quick+connect%2Caps%2C293&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

I don't know if there is a difference in regulators for 1 vs 5 lb tanks.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 05:16:55 PM »
Do you have any propane supply companies in your area? These would be companies that provide propane for delivery to non-portable bulk tanks.
The one near me sells many propane hoses and fittings, and is able to assemble some for specific needs.

$0.02
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 03:51:48 AM »
Does the 5lb tank have a OPD valve? You may be able to get it recertified.
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

biddyK

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 05:03:23 PM »
definitely no ODP valve. I do have a local propane company but have not seen any indication that they deal with small applications like this.  They do delivery to tanks in the country and fill smaller tanks on site.

biddyK

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2022, 10:00:25 AM »
For those needing to make the same modification in the future,  I removed the quick connect to male fitting threaded to the regulator and replaced it with the Hooshing 1LB Propane Gas Bottle Refill Adapter 1/4" Male NPT Thread x 1"-20 Female Throwaway Cylinder Thread Fitting that I linked above. The burner lit up with the first press of the ignition button.  The fitting cost $7.99 and was much cheaper than replacing the entire regulator and hose assembly. I also bought an adaptor to refill the 1 lb tanks from a 20 lb tank to cut down on costs. Now, I need to modify the original 5 gal hanger to hold the 1 gal tanks.