Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Go with My New to Me CGA  (Read 228 times)

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
First Go with My New to Me CGA
« on: August 09, 2022, 07:39:58 PM »
I picked up a CGA off of CL in Pittsburgh.  Well I bought it and had my BIL pick it up and then my wife brought it home when she went out to visit her side of the family for her annual summer trip.  (I know)

Anyway, we are on vacation in the Blue Ridge Mountains (Massanutten and the Shenandoah NP).  I brought it with us and took it for a spin.  Steak and chicken thighs and some grilled peppers for soft tacos.  Not enough pics, but these are what I took.

One thing I was worried about as a first time was burning too much charcoal.  I had read some helpful posts here and watched a few Aussies on YouTube that all warned not to over do it with the coals.  I went with a dozen briquettes and added 4 more through the cook.

All got cooked well and was delicious, but took a bit longer than I’d planned.  I think I’ll go with a little more ammunition next time.  All a fun learning experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
Re: First Go with My New to Me CGA
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 07:45:10 PM »
The CGA is awesome (and under rated)
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 02:21:10 AM »
You picked a beautiful place to take the CGA, the views and the cook are awesome
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 03:12:26 AM »
Awesome pictures, looks like a wonderful location and opportunity to try it out.  Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 07:04:33 AM »
Cools pics, thanks for sharing.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 08:43:01 AM »
Great cookers for sure.