Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Master Touch Premium question  (Read 421 times)

Kevins Que

• Happy Cooker
Master Touch Premium question
« on: February 15, 2022, 04:05:50 PM »
So I found out that you can purchase the MT Premium from Costco, so I bit the bullet and bought one. When I put it together, the lid was out of round and had a chunk of porcelain missing on the side. Called CS, and they sent me out a new lid. Great CS by the way! So now I have an extra lid, so I set it on my kettle premium, cause I knocked the lid out of round several years ago and it never has been right since. Funny thing is that the lid that I replaced fits good on my premium. My question is, where can I find the hinge, badge, thermometer and handle to seal up the holes in the lid? I can't find MT Premium spare parts anywhere. Is there another way to cover these holes to keep heat and smoke in? I thought about magnets, but not sure if that would work or not. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Master Touch Premium question
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 02:12:13 AM »
If you register your new MT with Weber, you can order everything from them and use on your second lid, just call customer service and they will fix you up
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

andrewshrm

• Smokey Joe
Re: Master Touch Premium question
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 01:10:14 PM »
I had a similar situation where the 1/4" holes used to mount a 22" bowl to an older Performer frame needed to be filled.  The solution I came up with was to repurpose some old Weber 1/4" short bolts and then use a fender washer and locknut on the inside of the bowl and then tighten everything up.  The fender washer and nut were on the inside of the bowl and the Weber bolt pushed in from the exterior.  That alone would have worked fine, but I got bored and used my grinder to shave down any extra length of the bolt that extended beyond the lock nut just to minimize any extra screw that I'd have to wire brush around during cleanouts.  Really wasn't necessary to do that though and a short bolt, washer, and nut ought to work fine to cover those holes.