Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Killa Grilla Grates For My ‘75 Aristocrat  (Read 1381 times)

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Killa Grilla Grates For My ‘75 Aristocrat
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2022, 04:25:07 AM »
Yes, and that is the problem! We have three kettles, a 2015 Original that has all of the upgrades to be a Mastertouch, my '79 Cooker, and the big Jumbo Joe.
The 2015 was a gift from my employer, and has never been used. It's simply too pretty, inside and out!
The daily driver Cooker was recently given a complete (complete!) cleaning, and it also looks like new.
The Jumbo Joe has seen more use lately, as it is perfect for grilling 2 steaks at a time.

A secret to keeping those kettles looking new? Clean them thoroughly after EACH use! Skip just one cleaning cycle, and you will pay for it!

We have the Killa-Grilla grill grate and charcoal grate for the 22". Oddly enough, that charcoal grate makes a perfect grill grate in the Jumbo Joe.

Might get a KG grill grate for the Joe.
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2022, 05:29:15 AM »
That’s a nice lineup!  Admittedly, my red LE has been neglected after many vortex chicken wing cooks.  I just fire it up and burn it off every once in a while.  Some of my older ones get a thorough cleaning though like my yellow gourmet which has to come back inside after a cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2022, 02:50:53 AM »
Mine are all dirty, soap is expensive !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2022, 02:28:10 AM »

Beautiful SS.  Now fire it up!   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Michael, somehow I knew you’d say that!  Planning a spring cook for sure….

Once you see the 26 blush dark red, you’ll want to use it more often.  The 3 daisy wheel 26 is a low and slow beast.   

Yes! My Cooker has the triple daisy vents. Like you say, low & slow is it's forte. You can easily dial in 225 - 240 degrees, and it will stay in that range for hours at a time. Once you get it set, it is pretty much a hands-off affair.
B&B Charcoal is used for any low & slow cooking at our house.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2022, 05:04:12 AM »
I've never cooked on a vintage 26er - looking forward to it.  I love my modern Glen Blue 26, so roomy and versatile.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2022, 05:20:47 AM »
I've never cooked on a vintage 26er - looking forward to it.  I love my modern Glen Blue 26, so roomy and versatile.
You will love it for low and slow
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2022, 05:27:58 AM »

So what would be more versatile...a single 26" Kettle, or two 22" Kettles?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2022, 06:15:35 AM »

For me, you will never take away my 26'ers, I would cook on a single 26 before I fire up 2 22's

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2022, 06:56:22 AM »

I have a modern 26 and 2 22’s (one modern one 3 vent) and I find myself using the 26 for damn near everything.

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2022, 02:33:47 PM »

I have a modern 26 and 2 22’s (one modern one 3 vent) and I find myself using the 26 for damn near everything.

The 26" is right at 400 bucks. For now, I'll fire up my two 22's!

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2022, 04:17:16 PM »

The 26" is right at 400 bucks. For now, I'll fire up my two 22's!
No doubt! I got a brand new lid and bowl from a member here for free. Bought the legs and triangle from Weber. So all in all I only paid 80 bucks.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2022, 03:52:06 AM »
With these grates, the SNS low profile, drip n griddle and initial cost of the grill it’s pretty ridiculous what I have in it.  I shall enjoy firing it up!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2022, 04:04:35 AM »
With these grates, the SNS low profile, drip n griddle and initial cost of the grill it’s pretty ridiculous what I have in it.  I shall enjoy firing it up!

Worth every penny !!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2022, 05:04:50 AM »

Worth every penny !!

Thanks for the moral support lol..... Luckily Kellee has a "Do whatever you want with your grills" policy.  The first wife would have murdered me.  ; )

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2022, 05:10:17 AM »

Worth every penny !!

Thanks for the moral support lol..... Luckily Kellee has a "Do whatever you want with your grills" policy.  The first wife would have murdered me.  ; )
Tami is the same way, luckily I was able to cancel the hit contract the last wife had out on me ! LOL