Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Burgers At The Beach  (Read 337 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Burgers At The Beach
« on: September 30, 2021, 03:40:51 PM »
Not the story I wanted to post.  We’re in Panama City Beach, at a condo complex we’ve stayed at many times before that has Weber gas grills available for cooking on.  Long story short, one of 3 grills were functional, I robbed missing flavorizer bars from one and placed on another to make a complete set, fired it up and started a grease fire inferno that I could only stand by and watch.  Luckily I didn’t put the burgers on until I was sure we were good to go.  Skillet burgers were enjoyed from our balcony while watching an amazing sunset.  Can’t wait to get to SGI next week and cook on my Glen Blue 26er.  Enough of this foolishness lol….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Burgers At The Beach
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 02:10:36 AM »
ATTENTION: These are gas grills!!!!!
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 03:02:37 AM »
Kellee had her wine and a smile, I think you did good !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 04:11:21 AM »

Kellee had her wine and a smile, I think you did good !!
Thanks!  The burgers were actually pretty darn good, and we had a good laugh over it.  I’ll keep my eyes peeled for the next poor guy who tries to cook down there lol…

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 04:16:50 AM »

Right!?!?  That’s why this post couldn’t go in the charcoal grilling section.  No worries, I’ve got my 26” and Jumbo Joe in tow along with two bags of B&B orange briqs, a bag of B&B XL lump and a bag of B&B oak lump for next week’s fun.  Gunna try and convert my brother from gas to charcoal.  ; )

BigEasy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 05:52:40 AM »
Our HOA keeps a Genisis at the beach on our lake that DOES NOT get maintained/cleaned. I was tasked with grilling hotdogs for our annual kids fishing derby as usual.

I followed my typical gasser start up procedure of all burners WFO to burn of the grates and started a similar fire in ours. It took probably 10-15 minutes to burn all the gunk out of it LOL

But, it settled in and the dogs were good. The kids got a kick out of the fire. The moms, not so much.

Sounds like you have a few fun days planned, ENJOY!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 02:32:55 PM »

Our HOA keeps a Genisis at the beach on our lake that DOES NOT get maintained/cleaned. I was tasked with grilling hotdogs for our annual kids fishing derby as usual.

I followed my typical gasser start up procedure of all burners WFO to burn of the grates and started a similar fire in ours. It took probably 10-15 minutes to burn all the gunk out of it LOL

But, it settled in and the dogs were good. The kids got a kick out of the fire. The moms, not so much.

Sounds like you have a few fun days planned, ENJOY!
Thanks so much!   Gunna make the most of it….

After the burning plastic smell of the burn-off, my wife and I agreed that we didn’t want our dinner on that grill.  Will gladly wait for upcoming charcoal opportunities. ; )

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 02:51:56 PM »

Right!?!?  That’s why this post couldn’t go in the charcoal grilling section.  No worries, I’ve got my 26” and Jumbo Joe in tow along with two bags of B&B orange briqs, a bag of B&B XL lump and a bag of B&B oak lump for next week’s fun.  Gunna try and convert my brother from gas to charcoal.  ; )

It was a joke...as anyone who does not know gas from charcoal is not playing with a full deck! The lights are on, but nobody is home. The elevator works, but does not go to the top floor.

Thought the big signs were funny!
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 06:14:38 AM »

It was a joke...as anyone who does not know gas from charcoal is not playing with a full deck! The lights are on, but nobody is home. The elevator works, but does not go to the top floor.

Thought the big signs were funny!
Agree, those signs are pretty funny, especially to people like us who know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club