Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: DU (2002) OTP clean up  (Read 164 times)

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
DU (2002) OTP clean up
« on: September 06, 2021, 06:40:51 AM »
 I picked this One Touch Platinum up this past Friday and was amazed what good shape they kept it in! The owner said they used to use it all the time, but until she brought it out to clean it for sale, it spent the last several years underneath a tablecloth in the garage.
It turned out even better than I expected after I really cleaned it all out. The usual wear marks and scuffs and scrapes that you would expect for a 20 year old cooker, but even the TABLE was in fantastic shape considering!

As great as it turned out, for what we were going to use it for, wifey thinks it may just be too small (she was hoping for a 22), plus we couldn't trust that it wouldn't get beat up.

And yes, I told her that if it was too small we could just get another one to go with it!
And yes.....she shot that down pretty quick.
So I may just list it for sale or trade coming up soon.
But anyways, the pics...

BEFORE: http://imgur.com/a/6Jvi8hP

AFTER: http://imgur.com/a/eEojCW0

"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: DU (2002) OTP clean up
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 07:02:56 AM »
Grate RRR ! she cleaned up real nice
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 07:58:35 AM »
Nice little grill, would definitely be a good helper grill for a 26”.  There’s always a need for table top space, a place to sit a grate down or light a chimney.  That’s a gem there and very useful!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 12:48:24 PM »
I love these little 18” OTP models.