Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Meatballs In The Rain  (Read 186 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Meatballs In The Rain
« on: August 20, 2021, 02:00:18 AM »
My wife teaches a class on Thursday nights so I get to cook whatever I want... Last night I settled on meatball subs and they were fantastic.  Only problem was it began raining just before putting them on, so I had to move to the covered area of my deck which I am very thankful for.  I cooked them hot and fast indirect on the 26" GB using the slow n sear xl.  Cooked about 45 minutes, turning once to IT of 165F.  I'll leave the recipe in a photo, only variance was I used mild Italian sausage instead of plain ground pork and I cut the salt by 1/2.  I used fresh herbs that my wife grows.  Meatballs were cut in half to fit on the hoagie rolls, took about 1 1/2 meatballs to fill each roll and had a couple without sauce on the side.  Recipe borrowed from the Weber Kettle Fans FB page.  Sauce was my wife's homemade using garden tomatoes from my mom's garden.  We've got tomatoes coming out of our ears and have to use them for something lol....
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 02:06:17 AM by bamakettles »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Meatballs In The Rain
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 02:31:25 AM »
fun cook and food on bachelor night !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 05:33:27 AM »
That looks amazing.  Love your deck set-up.

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 01:44:38 PM »
I love grilled meatballs.
And a sub made from them and a homemade sauce? I want some of that.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 09:17:49 AM »
Love meatball subs!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club