Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Miso marinated salmon  (Read 341 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Miso marinated salmon
« on: June 29, 2021, 06:02:48 PM »
For a quick weeknight cook, I marinated these salmon pieces in miso paste, minced ginger, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce and mirin.  While they chilled in a ziplock, I fired up a CGA and pre-heated a Craycort griddle, re-using left over FOGO lump from a previous cook.

After one flip, I slid the half-griddle over and covered to finish cooking the salmon while I made a quick spicy mayo sauce for dipping.

Rested, sliced, garnished and served with a wakame salad and sushi rice.  Thanks for looking!

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Re: Miso marinated salmon
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 06:17:50 PM »
Great looking cook and plating Charlie. I’ve always been impressed by CGA cooks. Though I’ve never cooked on one myself.

Cheers from GNV

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 07:22:17 PM »
Excellent looking cook on the fish. Inspiresme to give more attention to my CGA. Great write up on the recipes too! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 04:59:54 AM »
Awesome cook right there, we did a steelhead trout last night
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 05:28:57 AM »
Salmon looks great, but that plating is marvelous!  Might have to break out a CGA soon.....

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 11:20:28 AM »
I love salmon! That’s looks incredibrew! Now I’m going to have to scratch my salmon itch.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Erictag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 04:02:12 PM »
Amazing cook- Thank you for showing the versatility of the CGA.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 04:18:08 PM »
I damn sure need to order the Craycort griddle for mine. Soon.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 05:50:20 AM »
The color is simply amazing. The flavor combinations sound delicious. This inspires me to get creative.  I’ve been busy and my cooks have been a little boring lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 08:45:48 AM »
That looks incredible Charlie.
I would love to try this.
Can you give us any details on the quantities of the ingredients for the marinade and the spicy mayo?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 04:27:34 AM »

That looks incredible Charlie.
I would love to try this.
Can you give us any details on the quantities of the ingredients for the marinade and the spicy mayo?
I was afraid someone was going to ask for quantities because I never measure anything.  So as not to let you down, I’ll try giving proportions instead.

The base of the marinade I would say is 1:3 miso paste to soy sauce, the remaining ingredients are to your tastes.  Rely on the mirin for sweetness as too much sugar and/or honey will burn.

The spicy mayo seen above is a poor representation of my usual recipe as I didn’t have time nor all the usual necessary ingredients, but basically it is a 1:1 ratio of Japanese Mayo to Korean gochujang chili paste.  Forget the ubiquitous sriracha cock sauce you see everyone else using.  I start with a few cloves of garlic and either roast whole in the oven until soft, or mince and pan fry until browned; let cool and then add in my desired ratio of Mayo to paste.  Add perhaps a 1/2 tsp of sesame oil, mix well and you could call it done, but I’ll sometimes go a little further depending on what I’m pairing; tobiko if I have it really adds nice texture, Korean red pepper flakes and/or sliced green onions for visual interest.  This sauce really comes together when left to chill overnight.  Would be happy to send you pics of ingredients/labels to help you source unfamiliar items.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 04:56:13 AM »
The rough proportions are fine Charlie.
Thank you.[emoji482]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

willian m Pineda

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2021, 04:51:12 PM »