Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WSM14 Mod that also works with the WSJ 14  (Read 397 times)

bruceloethen

• Smokey Joe
WSM14 Mod that also works with the WSJ 14
« on: June 10, 2021, 05:04:01 PM »
I posted this mod a while back, and it is now on its way to becoming an actual product, with help.
You can see it here  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bullseye14/bullseye-14-a-charcoal-starter-by-charcoal-bullseye
please let me know what you think, thanks.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 05:05:36 PM by bruceloethen »
CBTexas

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: WSM14 Mod that also works with the WSJ 14
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 02:27:57 AM »
I like it, best of luck, It should be received well in the marketplace!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 03:35:59 AM »
That's pretty cool.
Nice that it is made in Texas too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 05:40:02 AM »
I like it, nice job.  The most stressful part of grilling for me is the chimney dump.  Just a couple weeks ago was my inaugural cook on my new to me Gourmet (yellow) kettle.  I bought Jealous Devil large briquettes because I couldn't find any B&B briquettes locally.  During the pour from the chimney all the briquettes disintegrated and a large amount went to my deck, grill lid and feet.  Luckily I was not burned and had a garden hose nearby.  Since then I have been extremely careful and have even switched back to lighting a pile of coals in the kettle.  A product like this would be great for the 22" kettle as well IMO.  BTW, I'm not using JD briquettes ever again.

Thanks for sharing and best of luck with sales!

bruceloethen

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 07:40:10 AM »
bamakettles, thanks for your well wishes. An experience like yours was my inspiration to find an alternate way. I have a 22"prototype that we are using. The 14" and 18" kettles allow for a single canister in the middle of the grate ( sized to hold the right amount of charcoal ) bot the 22" is different. We use two smaller canisters, one on each side of the grate. One canister is slightly larger than the other. When the charcoal is lit in both canisters, the handle ( detached to stay cool ) allows you to pick up the larger canister, then slide it onto the smaller canister, then pick up both. All the hot coals fall into place safely, and you find a safe place for the hot canisters. If you are grilling for fewer people, you can just fill / light one side only. It also lights fewer coals that can be "pulled" into place to start a snake. We believe that grilling should be a great and safe experience, especially if someone is just starting out. Thanks for your post.
CBTexas