Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ongoing SSP build -- Sage, Red LE, C&B Green, Blue, Ivory, Rock and Roll Blue  (Read 1867 times)

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
This all started in 2017 when I found a Sage OTP--or as I called it then a "Light green non gas assist Performer."   ::)  Loved the kettle color, hated the table.  As a half-measure, I rattle-canned the table and added the updated lid bale.  What it really needed was to be dropped into an SSP frame. 

About a year later, I found a non-assist EI-code SSP frame and transplanted the Sage:

Not long after the transplant, a member asked if I'd sell the Sage bowl and lid.  I said I would and I did.  That kicked off what has turned out to be a succession of SSP tenants, starting with a modded Red Limited Edition (2018-2019), followed by C&B green (2019-2020) (adding gas-assist) a previously unused DI-code Blue (2020-2021) and Ivory (2021-2024):

Along the way, I added the trim panel on both sides.  I also added the wheels and ash catcher from the Red LE and upgraded to  R-Shack's SS brackets to mount the bowl. 

June 2024 Update:

Well, it took three years, but I finally swapped out the Ivory.  When the 70th anniversary kettles went on clearance, I ordered a Yellow, but several months later, Amazon cancelled the order.  During that time, I decided I liked the blue better and eventually found one for sale locally.  A few weeks ago, I found an EE code non-assist SSP frame and transplanted the Rock N Roll Blue into that.  (The full Ivory setup is now listed for sale.) 

Here's a 2022 Rock N Roll Blue in a 1999 SSP frame:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 02:52:51 AM by DrewZ »
Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Ongoing SSP build -- started with Sage, currently Ivory
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 04:26:10 AM »
That looks really really nice!

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 04:41:31 AM »
Out of all of your builds, I think the Ivory is the best looking kettle in the SSP.

Thanks for the great write up and pictures.

I got your “A Streetcar Named Desire”  reference.

Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 05:25:01 AM »
Agree with AZ2FL, the Ivory looks really nice.  You’ve inspired me to turn my OTP around and have the kettle on the right which is more natural for my left handed self.  ; )

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
Updated with new SSP tenant
Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave

Updated with new SSP tenant
The rock n roll blue in there looks real nice.  Final resting place?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club