Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: No frills 26 Inch Performer Conversion  (Read 681 times)

sscompton

• Happy Cooker
No frills 26 Inch Performer Conversion
« on: June 01, 2021, 08:02:18 AM »
Well, I finally finished my 26 conversion.  I left the frame as is and mounted the bowl a good five inches above the table.  I have a SSP and find the grill to be too short sometimes so I chose to mount the 26 a bit higher and definitely like it. Still going to add matching wooden handles and bale rollers and maybe add a lid hinge.  I am not super handy so I kept it simple. A big shoutout to andrewshrm who posted the best conversion I have seen yet and inspired me to do this one!  -JC

sscompton

• Happy Cooker
Re: No frills 26 Inch Performer Conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 08:23:04 AM »
Better view of the pine table.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 08:27:51 AM »
Very cool....Were the brackets to mount the bowl custom made?  I imagine the standard aftermarket right angle brackets wouldn't work... maybe an end shot of the bracket would show the way you attached it.  I really like it and agree, the original height of these with a 22" is a bit low, although perfect for smash burgers. ; )

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 09:51:48 AM »
Nicely done [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 12:24:26 PM »
Well executed and I like the height
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 06:29:20 AM »
Clean no frills build. I like!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Tbagley

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 08:16:24 AM »
This site needs a like button, lol...well done!

andrewshrm

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 04:16:51 PM »
Looks like they were made for each other!  One hidden advantage of lifting the bowl is that you'll probably end up protecting that wood top a bit better from embers flying out.  My wood top has some burn marks from hitting the lump a little heavy :)  Also - with your shorter frame, it's probably really good that you extended the table as far as you did.  I bet a shorter table would have had that thing popping wheelies whenever you put the lid over in the lid holder, lol.   

Awesome job and I appreciate the shout out!

rlassor

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 02:42:37 AM »
Could you send or reply with the link to the original post by andrewshrm?  I would love to t this to my 26"!  It's perfect!

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 04:13:32 AM »
Could you send or reply with the link to the original post by andrewshrm?  I would love to t this to my 26"!  It's perfect!

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=45273.0