Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Shipping Dilemma  (Read 300 times)

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
Shipping Dilemma
« on: June 02, 2021, 04:59:17 AM »
You sell something to someone online, and agree to ship.
Buyer chooses the protection option instead of friends/family to pay.
You are charged a fee.  The fee was not part of the deal.
Do you mention it to the buyer? 

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Shipping Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 05:29:35 AM »
From personal experience, I always ask for the buyer to use the  friends/family option after a newbie here tried to get their money back from PayPal after he received his grill/smoker.  It was really a pain in the butt to sort it out and basically turned me off from selling/shipping.  (Especially members who haven’t been around very long)

Not sure how big a fee we’re talking about, but if you haven’t shipped the item yet, I would try to explain the situation to the buyer and see if they’ll agree to using Friends and Family.  We’ve seen an uptick in scams, so I don’t blame them for protecting themselves.  On the other hand, if the fee is negligible, consider it the price of a lesson learned. 

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 05:44:39 AM »
Refund the money and request it to be paid using friends and family

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 07:32:19 AM »
Mention the additional fee to the buyer (or show it to him) and adjust the payment to include the fee, or refund the money and re-sell it to the 2nd in line, and include new buying terms.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 07:32:35 AM »
I have had that happen several times, upsetting for sure, I did not say anything, but I try to remember to ask for friends and family payment these days.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 07:51:59 AM »
I haven't had that happen here, but with other hobby items.  Lesson learned, if it's not mentioned ahead of time then it's standard practice that the seller pays the fees.  When purchasing outside of a club if I feel that I need insurance or protection I'll adjust my payment to include fees so the seller receives the agreed price. 

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 11:14:30 AM »
I now give the buyer the option to go friends/family or regular + 3% to cover the fees.  I know/have dealt with most of the regulars on this forum so most choose to go the friends/family route.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 11:19:23 AM »
The fee was only a few $$, not the end of the world.  Mainly curious to see if
I was the only one that had been presented with the issue.
I have had this happen a couple of other times when selling local.
Once I mentioned it, and was paid, but kind of got attitude from the buyer.
The other time I didn't
I have also had one sketchy occasion where I felt the need to use it, but was
sure to not only include the charge- but to also tell the seller I was doing so.
Live and learn I guess.