Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: LED Replacement/Conversion Bulb for Weber Lunette  (Read 286 times)

Raindog

• WKC Brave
LED Replacement/Conversion Bulb for Weber Lunette
« on: March 09, 2021, 12:31:09 PM »
Looking for a good LED bulb to replace the filament style bulb in the Weber Lunette. Searching online and finding ones that may work but not sure if the right brightness or polarity. Anyone have a LED bulb to recommend that they have used and like?

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: LED Replacement/Conversion Bulb for Weber Lunette
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 01:31:09 PM »
Have a pack sitting on my front porch from Amazon that I'm going to try tonight.  My main concern is the clip on the Lunette properly holding the bulb as the LED bulbs don't have quite the same lip on them.  I'll report tonight when I get one fired up.

This is what I'm trying in cold white to try and get the most illumination possible.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PXJT7Y8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 01:35:25 PM by bamakettles »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 03:02:11 PM »
I had to get creative with aluminum foil pieces, but managed to get these to work.  First pic is led on the left, incandescent on the right.  Second and third are both led with color wheels.  Last pic illustrates bulb composition difference.  If these make the batteries last 10 times longer I’m good with them.

And it’s true, with the color wheels in place I can’t ignore the similarities to the female anatomy. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Raindog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 04:01:29 PM »
Have a pack sitting on my front porch from Amazon that I'm going to try tonight.  My main concern is the clip on the Lunette properly holding the bulb as the LED bulbs don't have quite the same lip on them.  I'll report tonight when I get one fired up.

This is what I'm trying in cold white to try and get the most illumination possible.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PXJT7Y8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That looks like the right amount of light. In theit's  picture hard to tell difference from original to LED. Thanks Bamakettles.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 05:26:44 PM »
It actually looks a little blue without any color disks.  Warm white may look better.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 06:22:28 PM »
Interested to see how that looks being a beam bulb and not a flood light bulb.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Stoneage

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 08:16:16 AM »
That original bulb is whats known as a "prefocus" fitting.
The Night Eyes range for the big Mag lights is LED & the prefocus type. Just check the voltages as there are several for the various "C" or "D" cell "Perp basher" maglites.
Lowes & Home Despot usually have them in stock.

Raindog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 04:35:36 PM »
That original bulb is whats known as a "prefocus" fitting.
The Night Eyes range for the big Mag lights is LED & the prefocus type. Just check the voltages as there are several for the various "C" or "D" cell "Perp basher" maglites.
Lowes & Home Despot usually have them in stock.

Thanks Stoneage.