Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: “Ribs.I had ribs for dinner, that’s why I’m doing this.”  (Read 651 times)

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
“Ribs.I had ribs for dinner, that’s why I’m doing this.”
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 04:56:23 AM »
Great advice above... For added moisture I've tried double wrapping in foil at the 3 hour mark with real butter pats top and bottom and brown sugar - meat side down.  I use enough foil and wrap in a manner that after an hour I can open up the foil on the smoker and make a boat, holding the butter/juices and flip them meat side up.  Then either sauce or cook as is for another 30 mins - if you want a little more bark maybe raise the temps or go a little longer but watch to make sure you don't over cook the brown sugar/sauce.  I believe the wrapped hour with the meat side down really softens and adds moisture.  I also shoot for 275F during the cook.

Fun thing is you can vary what you do until you find what you and your family like.  We like them to fall off the bone but not everyone does.  Take notes and enjoy your results!
boating works well for me as well. Kind of lets the juices stay on/around the meat, and help with the mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

22ket~tle

• WKC Brave
Re: “Ribs.I had ribs for dinner, that’s why I’m doing this.”
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2021, 05:16:33 AM »
great tips from all above - i stick a drip pan half full of water under em too.   with baby backs instead of 3-2-1 it’s usually 3-1-done @250-275

teejhanson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2021, 06:22:31 AM »
Ok I tried ribs again, taking into account all advice above. I cooked at 225-245 for 2 hrs, wrapped for an 1 (forgot to do meat side down), and unwrapped for 30 min or so. They were tender, juicy, and the texture was almost perfect. Thanks everyone for all of the feedback!

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2021, 06:28:27 AM »
@teejhanson
Nice looking rib cook!

Next rib cook you’ll have to make a few jalapeno poppers....they make a great snack while the ribs are cooking.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2021, 06:41:06 AM »
Good ribs !
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2021, 01:01:36 PM »
Nice job, thats good advice from  AZ2

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app