Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red Baron on the Red Kettle  (Read 2162 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Red Baron on the Red Kettle
« on: June 25, 2013, 08:39:18 AM »
Nothing exciting..... I had been doing some Totinos lately so I wanted to try some Red Baron's.... I swear I didn't burn them this time... These are all edible practice runs for when I make my own dough soon. Half a chimney of charcoal. Probably could get away with a quarter chimney, or better yet, get myself the mini chimney.

The kettle & the setup. Simple but effective.

1st pie going on..

Ready to come off... 13 minutes.

2nd Pie a few minutes in.. My iphone died when I put it on.

2nd Pie done.... same timeframe... a little overdone since its a thinner pie than the first, but still turned out ok.

Sorry, again I failed to show plated pics...

Thanks for looking.  :)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:44:55 AM »
Looks good! Seems there are so many ways to cook a pizza on the kettle. I dig the elevated method pretty well. Getting it closer to the top seems to help to cook the top of the pie.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Red Baron on the Red Kettle
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:11:01 AM »

Looking good!

Dude, relax your chicken.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:42:07 AM »
Man, all of these pizzas are making me jealous. Wife can't eat anything cow milk related due to my son. We have made several pizzas (in the oven) lately but none of them had cheese. They were still very good but now you guys are making me miss cheese!
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:45:07 AM »

Man, all of these pizzas are making me jealous. Wife can't eat anything cow milk related due to my son. We have made several pizzas (in the oven) lately but none of them had cheese. They were still very good but now you guys are making me miss cheese!

What about trying a cheeseless pizza on the kettle? What kind of toppings do you improvise with? I've heard of pizza w/o cheese, I just haven't researched it enough.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »

What about trying a cheeseless pizza on the kettle? What kind of toppings do you improvise with? I've heard of pizza w/o cheese, I just haven't researched it enough.

We've been going the easy route and buying pre-made pie crusts. We sauce it and usually top it with sauted onions, green/red/yellow peppers and mushrooms. It is still pretty good sans cheese but looking at these pics makes me want some dang cheese! lol
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 10:06:50 AM »
Looks good, will have to try this soon!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 10:11:50 AM »

I'm all for just sauce & meat next time....... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Thunder71

• WKC Brave
    • Civil Response Firearms Training
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
Looks good!

I cook my frozen ones right on the grate using the coal trays I put one on each side with the pizza in the middle.

Heat to 400
Put pizza in the middle of the trays
Let cook covered for about 7-8 minutes
Turn 180*
Let cook covered for about 7-8 minutes
Enjoy

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 12:55:21 PM »
Looks great! I like the freschettas when they are on sale.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 01:56:57 PM »

Looks great! I like the freschettas when they are on sale.

I was eying the Freschettas too.. Might do those this weekend or next week.. I need to find some bolts to make a permanent pizza grate.