Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help Identify This Pan  (Read 560 times)

Raindog

• WKC Brave
Help Identify This Pan
« on: April 26, 2020, 01:31:35 PM »
This pan was inside of a kettle that I recently purchased. I've heard mention of internal ashpans in this forum and was thinking maybe that's what this is.

Cellar2ful

Re: Help Identify This Pan
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 01:33:25 PM »

That's an internal ash pan from a Happy Cooker Kettle. It was designed to be used inside the bowl, below the charcoal grate.  It catches the ashes, eliminating the need for an external ash catcher.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 01:38:14 PM »
Wow nice score!  I love those pans for the vintage three-wheelers, yours is in phenomenal condition!  What does the rest of the HC look like?

Raindog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 02:12:35 PM »

That's an internal ash pan from a Happy Cooker Kettle. It was designed to be used inside the bowl, below the charcoal grate.  It catches the ashes, eliminating the need for an external ash catcher.

OK thanks Cellar2ful.

That explains a few things. I had just bought a 77 MBH Redhead that was in great condition but was missing the external ashpan. I didn't even notice this pan until I started taking the kettle apart to load. The gal who sold it didn't know anything about the kettle other than it had been her Dad's. The pan does not look to have been used which is odd to me because of the external pan missing.

Raindog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 02:14:58 PM »
Wow nice score!  I love those pans for the vintage three-wheelers, yours is in phenomenal condition!  What does the rest of the HC look like?

Thanks Mr.CPHo. The pan actually was in a 77 three wheeler.