Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello from Tampa!  (Read 647 times)

cstamper

• Happy Cooker
Hello from Tampa!
« on: December 18, 2019, 07:35:00 AM »
I've been hanging out here for a while just lurking, and learning, and taking it all in. I'm just getting started with all of this so my stable is not large nor very impressive but it is what it is. I have a gas Dyna-Glo (https://dynaglogrill.com/product/smart-space-living-3-burner-lp-gas-grill-dgb390snp-ddgb390bnp-d/) 3-burner grill that I use mostly for quick grilling like chicken breasts, kielbasa, burgers, etc. or when I don't feel like firing up the charcoal. I have a 22" Weber kettle and I love it now that I know how to use it. I also have a Masterbuilt MES 130. I know, I know, it's not a real smoker but it works fine for what I'm doing and it's mostly just the two of us. I've done some great ribs, spatchcocked turkeys, small brisket flats, etc. I use pellets instead of chips for the smoke and that seems to work better. Obviously, I don't get the extensive smoke ring that a stick smoker would produce, but the flavor is there.

Last night I smoked a quick chicken in the kettle using the snake method for the first time. It worked relatively well although I wasn't able to get it up to the temp I wanted even with both vents open (stayed in the 225 - 250 range). It took a little longer but it was only me so it worked out great and the flavor and juiciness was phenomenal.

I have a Smokey Joe on the way and I'm going to build a mini WSM (as well as using it for grilling - it seems like the 22" is a bit much for just the two of us for charcoal grilling only and sometimes you want that charcoal taste but don't want to use that many briquettes). I've attached a quick shot of last night's bird since it seems everybody on here enjoys pics.

Glad to be here and looking forward to learning more!

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 07:41:48 AM by cstamper »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Hello from Tampa!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 07:56:20 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga good looking bird
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 08:03:51 AM »
Welcome aboard!  Join the fun. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 08:49:48 AM »
Welcome to the club!!!

Greetings from Greendale, WI.  Every grill stable starts small.  Before you know it, with plenty of WKC encouragement, you’ll have way more kettles.  Might I suggest a 18” Weber too solve that “too much charcoal usage” issue [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 09:20:09 AM »
Welcome from Highland Park, IL (north of Chicago)! I've learned a ton on here, and the people in this group couldn't be more supportive. Nice looking bird!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 04:24:05 PM »
Welcome from Tampa ,Fl !! Howdy neighbor

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Looking for Colored 18 MBH

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 04:52:41 PM »
@cstamper  hello!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
View to a Grill on YouTube

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 06:37:59 PM »
Welcome from just south of Chicago, IL!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 05:18:02 AM »
Welcome from the Rocket City, Huntsville, AL!  Lots of fun on here and fun to see pics. 

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 07:21:39 AM »
Welcome from Wisconsin.  Get an 18.  You'll love it.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2019, 08:09:32 AM »
Forgot to say earlier - every time we get a chance to visit Tampa, we make it point to drive across one of the most beautiful structures ever built: the Sunshine Skyway Bridge!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again