Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Vegan sues grilling neighbor  (Read 1495 times)

Cellar2ful

Re: Vegan sues grilling neighbor
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 08:20:14 PM »

Here is a follow up article from today in the New York Post.  Guess she might have awoke a sleeping giant.   Several thousand supporters are planning to attend a BBQ in front of her home on October 19th. 

https://nypost.com/2019/09/04/thousands-to-attend-bbq-outside-home-of-vegan-who-sued-neighbors-over-smelly-meats/

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 08:47:11 PM »
Nice!  I wonder if any of our Australian members are attending?  Would be a good place for a WKC banner. 

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 12:12:44 AM »
If I wasn’t booked on a cruise I’d be there !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 08:03:17 AM »
When I first heard about this, I honestly thought it was an Onion article. Her irrational over-reaction turned what should have been a reasonable --and private-- negotiation between two neighbors into a full-blown media circus. She's delusional if she thinks any reasonable person would agree with her. Good neighbors put up with all kinds of things that aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things because of the goodwill it creates. Plus sweating the small stuff is exhausting for everyone.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 08:33:15 AM »
This whole thing has actually made me sad.  Number one, this lady is WILDLY unreasonable, and her case(s) should absolutely be thrown out.  Number two, the fact we live in an age where thousands of people now want to converge on her street to BBQ to "stick it to her" even more strikes me as equally unreasonable.  She made a huge mistake going to the press about this, and causing a global outrage, but I don't think shoving more BBQ in her face is going to change anything...I also don't think it's the spirit of BBQ...also, if this thing does happen, what about the rest of her neighbors who have absolutely nothing to do with this beef (pun intended)?  They have to deal with the possible inconvenience of a massive impromptu cookout.  I guess overall I'm tired of constant outrage about everything and then how social media magnifies these issues wildly out of their actual importance in the grand scheme of things.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 09:39:26 AM »
^^THIS^^
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »

This whole thing has actually made me sad.  Number one, this lady is WILDLY unreasonable, and her case(s) should absolutely be thrown out.  Number two, the fact we live in an age where thousands of people now want to converge on her street to BBQ to "stick it to her" even more strikes me as equally unreasonable.  She made a huge mistake going to the press about this, and causing a global outrage, but I don't think shoving more BBQ in her face is going to change anything...I also don't think it's the spirit of BBQ...also, if this thing does happen, what about the rest of her neighbors who have absolutely nothing to do with this beef (pun intended)?  They have to deal with the possible inconvenience of a massive impromptu cookout.  I guess overall I'm tired of constant outrage about everything and then how social media magnifies these issues wildly out of their actual importance in the grand scheme of things.

I agree mostly. Although I wouldn’t mind a massive impromptu bbq descending on my neighborhood [emoji3][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 10:36:31 AM »

I agree mostly. Although I wouldn’t mind a massive impromptu bbq descending on my neighborhood [emoji3][emoji41]

...... yes

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 09:50:18 PM »
The gathering was cancelled.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 04:10:33 AM »

(X2)
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Pezdogs

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 08:36:37 PM »
10 minutes drive from my house and this is the second neighbor she has taken to court but this time she has said its all about the BBQ and has got the country off side. I believe another bbq will happen as there are alot of parks / free spaces around the area.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app