Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bone-in ribeye with the Slow n Sear  (Read 433 times)

techdavis

• Smokey Joe
Bone-in ribeye with the Slow n Sear
« on: July 28, 2019, 12:35:12 PM »
My wife told me my daughter was upset because of my food posts while she has been at rehearsals. She loves steak and pork chops, too, so tonight I decided to make it up to her and put the Slow n Sear to full use of its name. A 2 1/4" thick bone-in ribeye, reverse seared on the Slow n Sear to a perfect medium rare. France knows good beef, that's for sure. Cooked at 225 until the internal temp was 110 degrees, then rested while more charcoal was lit for the sear. Seared for about 8-10 minutes total, turning often (1-2 minutes) until it was 134 internal and a perfect crust.

This gorgeous bone-in côte de bœuf from Cora in Sarreguemines, France. Seasoned with AP rub - kosher salt, pepper and garlic, then rested for an hour (covered by a pan) on the counter to bring it closer to room temperature. Reverse seared on the grill at 225 degrees (hit 260 briefly, but I brought it back down) until it hit 110 internal.

Perfect! Medium rare with almost no gray on the edges - I love the reverse sear method. And look how juicy it is!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:22:53 AM by techdavis »

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Bone-in ribeye with the Slow n Sear
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 01:03:19 PM »
Whoa that looks great!  🤤

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 01:26:41 PM »
Yep!!! That’s how it’s done!!!!! In my opinion the best method for steaks and you nailed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 01:39:15 PM »
Holy cow! That’s a beautiful piece of meat cooked perfectly! Where can I get these French steaks???

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

crizpynutz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 06:06:05 AM »
Nicely done!  Love Rib Eye and those are some monsters, might have to pick a couple up on my way home tonight.