Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Count the wings  (Read 614 times)

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
Count the wings
« on: July 27, 2019, 01:09:51 PM »
Didn't know this amount will fit the 22

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
Re: Count the wings
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 02:33:23 PM »
Ok, ok. Nobody is counting [emoji6] 49 wings (without tips). 6 adults and 2 kids didn't manage to get rid of them [emoji3]

jmike314

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 04:08:49 PM »
Ok, ok. Nobody is counting [emoji6] 49 wings (without tips). 6 adults and 2 kids didn't manage to get rid of them [emoji3]

Then they weren’t trying hard enough.

Looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
“Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off.” - Oobedoob Benubi

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 04:49:04 PM »
Ha-ha, holy cow! That’s awesome! How about an “after” pic of the chicken?!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

CBinCT

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 04:18:26 PM »
You gotta be careful the grill doesn't up and fly away when you have that many wings going!  Looks great!

crizpynutz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 06:04:13 AM »
That is freakin awesome...but I do have a question.  Putting them so close and blocking off so much airflow didn't negatively impact the cook at all?  They were all done pretty evenly?  I mostly ask because I've made it point to keep my chicken wings/breasts/legs/thighs from touching during a cook as much as possible.

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 08:00:44 PM »
That is freakin awesome...but I do have a question.  Putting them so close and blocking off so much airflow didn't negatively impact the cook at all?  They were all done pretty evenly?  I mostly ask because I've made it point to keep my chicken wings/breasts/legs/thighs from touching during a cook as much as possible.
Well, that's not an issue as I'm flipping them always twice. The wings shrink during the cook which eventually gives some space between them and allows to get a crispy skin on all sides. This time I was actually not looking for a crispy skin cause I used a lot of mustard as a wet marinade / binder.  They were done after exactly 1 hour and were really tasty[emoji3]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 08:25:30 PM by qrczak1 »