Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: From Grain Fed to Grass Fed  (Read 330 times)

byuself

• Happy Cooker
From Grain Fed to Grass Fed
« on: July 07, 2019, 01:54:39 AM »
So my local supplier (in Dubai) didn't have any more of the Australian Gold Angus packer briskets so I bought the (cheaper price per kg.) NZ Grass Fed Fern Farms one.

I cooked it as I would on my Weber Charcoal Summit. Just SPG, cooked at 250 - 275 F, wrapped it at 160 (about 4 hrs) then rocked it till probe tender at @ 205 F. The cook turned out perfect. Taste was good and tenderness and pull test was good. However as expected it was a tad bit leaner than the grain fed I am used to getting. I did find tho that we could slice the whole thing and eat it as the grain fed the point end is a bit rich for some people to just slice and go.

Didn't do any burnt ends on this one. The bark was good and color was amazing. To be honest I have tried all kinds of special rubs and spices and I always revert back to SPG as a base. The only thing was I usually reserve the AuJu  and degrease it however this grass fed one smelled different so i didn't opt for that.

Overall happy with it. I may try injecting it to maybe moisten it up more but for the price it came out far better than I anticipated.

Just My first time ever cooking a Grass Fed Brisket. While I still PREFER grain fed, next time I wont be so hesitant to baby a quality grass fed one for sure.

Next time I will post some pics.

Happy BBQing.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 01:56:21 AM by byuself »