Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Horrible salmon recipe?  (Read 666 times)

dogman

• WKC Brave
Horrible salmon recipe?
« on: May 26, 2019, 12:01:40 PM »
Not a horrible recipe, a recipe for horrible salmon.

I was cleaning out the ole freezer chest and I found two more packages of this horrible frozen salmon. I get some really nice fillets from the grocery but I have moved around a lot and at one point I was stocking up on frozen stuff because I couldn't get to the grocery store. This stuff is just awful. In the past I slow cooked it in a pot with tomatoes and it still tasted terrible. This afternoon I baked another package worth and made salmon salad out of it. Terrible. Even with some tabasco it just tastes bad. It's not that it went bad, I know from several packages it's just horrible. I just hate it but it costs like 15 bucks a package and although I should throw it off the top of my building I can't bring myself to poison innocent dogs or other wildlife.

If anybody has any ideas how I can force myself to eat the last package lemme know :D
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Horrible salmon recipe?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 12:24:58 PM »
I know what you mean. Try making salmon patties and frying them. If that doesn’t work, nothing will.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 12:38:21 PM »
I know what you mean. Try making salmon patties and frying them. If that doesn’t work, nothing will.

Thank you! That's a damn good idea. I'll post back but it it may be awhile until I build up the courage :P

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 09:08:27 AM »
Man, if the chit is horrible, GET RID OF IT. Take the hit... why risk and torture yourself , especially with SEAFOOD!! GET RID OF IT!!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 09:18:27 AM »
Normally yeah. But HoosierKettle's suggestion sounds like it should work. If it doesn't then yeah, out it goes for sure.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 07:29:36 AM »
Well, ya' can't put sox on a pig...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.