Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Saves from last weekend  (Read 708 times)

biddyK

• Smokey Joe
Saves from last weekend
« on: May 08, 2019, 07:00:17 PM »
Every spring and fall my small town has a "cleanup day" where the town furnishes dumpsters for disposal of items too big to be picked up in the weekly trash. Every resident is allowed to bring one truck or trailer load to dump. They also have an electronics recycling trailer and separate metals dumpster for recycling. I held my metal back but had a truck bed of other crap to drop off. When I took it in, I saw a Weber kettle sitting beside the metals dumpster, so after I unloaded my garbage, I talked to the guys volunteering in that area.  I told them i saw a  weber grill and would like to save it from the landfill. They said get it while the gettings good. I asked why they were there, as I didn't recognize them as city workers. They said they were volunteers from the American Legion, and for volunteering to help in the cleanup day the legion got the metal as a donation. I asked if I could make a donation to the legion to take the grills and they said No, they obtained them freely and would let me have them, just bring them metal next year if I had any. Well, I grabbed the grill, went home loaded a full truck bed with metal and took it back in. By time I returned, there was another grill missing the lid and 1 leg, they gave me that too and considered it more than a fair trade, and I did too. My take is below. Will probably clean up and pass on the full grill and use the parts off of the partial to snazzy up a few of my others.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Kain

• WKC Ranger
Re: Saves from last weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 07:41:32 PM »
Nice work and not bad kettles [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 12:41:54 AM »
Nice save!  I wish I had weber landfill radar. I should hang out at the scrap yard

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 04:42:48 AM »
Recycling at it's best
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 08:29:01 AM »
I wish more citys did this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 11:57:05 AM »
That is great grill and parts .
Good man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 07:35:45 PM »
Nice scores!  It's a similar situation to what we have up here, but it goes all year long.  Useful items dropped off for junk, for a fee, are put aside in the "reuse" area and are free for pickup to live another life.  I've gotten a few kettles that way.