Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ISO: Genesis 2000 Parts  (Read 1668 times)

GrillSavage

• Smokey Joe
Re: ISO: Genesis 2000 Parts
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2019, 07:18:30 PM »
Does the manifold also have to be a LP manifold as well? Thought if the orifices and regulator were changed LP it would be fine. I saw a couple threads on here but no one seemed to be 100% positive if the manifold was necessary. Any suggestions/ advice are appreciated.

You need the LP manifold its just not the orifices, the valve bodies are ported differently also as they are fixed so three holes with a groove so you have stops to low, medium and high.  Nat gas has larger openings than LP so the valve bodies will have larger openings.  Will it work by changing the orifices to the smaller LP yes it will but low will not be low and medium will not be medium.  It will never work the way it was supposed to can you learn to cook on it yes you can, will you be happy can't answer that.

Of course do not take my word for it there are various threads if you search on other forums which will verify what I said.  Swapping out the manifold is the only proper solution if you want it to operate like a factory LP grill.

Thanks for providing this information! I was able to locate a manifold here thanks to @Bob BQ ! Can’t wait to get this gasser working the way I need it to! Much thanks to @Bob BQ and @Mr.CPHo for helping with me search.