Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First cook on my weber kettle tonight - steak !  (Read 1017 times)

ex_egger_sorta

• Happy Cooker
First cook on my weber kettle tonight - steak !
« on: January 23, 2019, 01:55:58 PM »
Got the Green Deluxe model. If you see my intro in the other forum you'll know I come from the kamado world. Happy to be here with the Weber community now. Did my first grill on the performer tonight. Put a basket under the vortex, filled it with lump and lit the charcoal starter, it was up to temp and ready to sear at about the 25 minute mark. For those wondering, the basket is a minimax kickash basket. The grate is a custom 1/4" 304 stainless grate I designed and had laser cut, it should withstand the heat of the vortex with no problem. Anyway, pics below. No after pics I was too hungry!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: First cook on my weber kettle tonight - steak !
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 02:44:00 PM »
Looking good! How did it turn out?  Used to be an egg head myself, then I saw the light.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 12:56:15 PM by Davescprktl »
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

rwalters

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 07:38:56 PM »
Welcome! That’s a cool setup. I used to be a HUGE kamado nut... had numerous Kamado Joe’s in my backyard. Man, after buying the 26.75 kettle a little over a year ago, I have all but lost interest in kamados. The kettle is one tough cooker to beat :)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 05:14:33 AM »
Looks awesome, I like the custom grate too
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Erictag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 04:38:26 PM »
Aggressive grate you had fabricated- I like it!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Edsland

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 06:41:32 AM »
Looks great, I have a Acorn, along with a Weber gasser  and a kettle at my camper. I love to cook on all of them, they each do certain things better.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 10:19:39 AM »
That's the way to break it in ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna