Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: LIVE!! Right now***WHATS ON YOUR GRILL?***Right now LIVE!!  (Read 497029 times)

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
Re: LIVE!! Right now***WHATS ON YOUR GRILL?***Right now LIVE!!
« Reply #3930 on: May 02, 2022, 02:46:50 PM »
Well it's just me that eats at my house since my wife died and there are few frozen food dinners that are worth eating. So I marinated a chuck eye steak in Adolfs for 2 days. Put it on the grill with dehydrated Vidalia onions and dehydrated garlic. The baked potato is under the top grill. Normally I'd have a couple ears of Green Giant, but the steak is thicker than I thought. Notice the grill mat this is the first time using one and I wasn't too impressed with it. I mean the fat is running off to the side maybe one post on my porch is sinking. Then I flipped the steak dang it looked good. Too much light in the picture to do it justice.

On the lighter side a Thanksgiving turkey has been coming to eat dry cat food that I set out. The cats eat and I pour it back in the bucket to leave half a cup for the turkey. He probably has been kicked out the tribe to round up his own hens. His feathers on his backside has been picked out when the head turkey persuaded him to leave.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 02:50:52 PM by captainhook455 »

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3931 on: May 02, 2022, 02:53:06 PM »
Here's a couple more.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3932 on: May 02, 2022, 05:04:36 PM »
I’ve never used a grill mat, not sure of the purpose when cooking a large cut like that.  Maybe for stuffed mushrooms or something of multiple pieces…. Cute Turkey…..

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3933 on: May 02, 2022, 07:10:35 PM »
Well it's just me that eats at my house since my wife died and there are few frozen food dinners that are worth eating. So I marinated a chuck eye steak in Adolfs for 2 days. Put it on the grill with dehydrated Vidalia onions and dehydrated garlic. The baked potato is under the top grill. Normally I'd have a couple ears of Green Giant, but the steak is thicker than I thought. Notice the grill mat this is the first time using one and I wasn't too impressed with it. I mean the fat is running off to the side maybe one post on my porch is sinking. Then I flipped the steak dang it looked good. Too much light in the picture to do it justice.

On the lighter side a Thanksgiving turkey has been coming to eat dry cat food that I set out. The cats eat and I pour it back in the bucket to leave half a cup for the turkey. He probably has been kicked out the tribe to round up his own hens. His feathers on his backside has been picked out when the head turkey persuaded him to leave.

My dude! Where are you? I would love to gift you a new cooking grate. I think you'll get better results than the grill mat.
If you PM me an address I'll send it along.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3934 on: May 03, 2022, 07:42:15 AM »
Jalapeños, cebolitas and Carne asada[emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3935 on: May 03, 2022, 07:44:01 AM »

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3936 on: May 03, 2022, 08:02:28 AM »

My dude! Where are you? I would love to gift you a new cooking grate. I think you'll get better results than the grill mat.
If you PM me an address I'll send it along.
Well you are a neighbor it seems kinda close, because I am only 30 minutes from Myrtle Beach. Takes 5 hours to get here if not driving the interstate from the state line.
I used one of those curved charcoal baskets to cook the whole meal. The potato wasn't quite done on one end, but I ate it anyway. I like to watch the utube videos of guys building a dugout cabin in the woods. At the end they cook something a little heavy on the onions though. Trying a recipe tomorrow see how it comes out. My house ac sure appreciates me cooking outside. Next I am going to try a jet stove with concrete blocks in front of my garage.

I buy spices from the store when produce is on sale I buy a bunch to dehydrate. Garlic I buy granulated last year I bought 20lbs Vidalia onions, dry and granulated fits in a pint canning jar. A neighbor gave me one of the first food processors ever made still works good. My grandchildren come for the weekend and they don't like bell peppers or onions in the spaghetti sauce.
Paw paw you don't have any peppers and onions in it do you?
Why? Do you see any?lol
Your sauce is so much better than what mom makes.
No, really? bwahaha

« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 08:04:49 AM by captainhook455 »

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3937 on: May 03, 2022, 08:04:17 AM »
Looks like I quoted my own post.lol

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3938 on: May 03, 2022, 11:01:21 AM »
Some Baltimore (S)Pit Beef for sammiches

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3939 on: May 03, 2022, 11:45:37 AM »
Some Baltimore (S)Pit Beef for sammiches

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
I've heard about Baltimore pit beef, but never had it before.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

leeharvey418

• WKC Brave
LIVE!! Right now***WHATS ON YOUR GRILL?***Right now LIVE!!
« Reply #3940 on: May 04, 2022, 01:11:23 PM »
Roti basket wings on the Plum, and Vortex drums on the SSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
2020 26" OKP; 2006 Q 200 Silver; 1997 Red Mist SSP; 2000 22” Plum OTG; and I'm gonna call it a 1975 Smokey Joe

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
LIVE!! Right now***WHATS ON YOUR GRILL?***Right now LIVE!!
« Reply #3941 on: May 04, 2022, 03:23:29 PM »
Fajita quesadillas to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3942 on: May 04, 2022, 04:09:33 PM »
Dude, relax your chicken.

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3943 on: May 05, 2022, 04:05:47 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pezdogs

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3944 on: May 07, 2022, 03:11:20 AM »
Shanks

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk