Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyone tried Jumbo Joe Premium legs to help repair bad sockets?  (Read 666 times)

getlego

• WKC Brave
I watched a video of how these go together and this model appears to have no leg sockets. It looks like a cheap alternative for Weber to skip the entire socket problem. I can't find any pics of the leg itself but they have nuts crimped in them just like the square tube nuts in a lot of older frames.

It seems they are bolted to the bowl using the plastic wrench supplied with the newer grills. I believe it 7/16 hex with a washer. But....if the leg angles are the same it might make a nifty repair with one drill hole and a large washer for older grills with wobbly falling out legs.

So far the only place I could find the leg kit was for $24.99. But maybe a call to Weber could provide them cheaper. I guess I'm wondering if anyone here has this particular grill to see if it all lines up.

The part number for the leg kit is 65434.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Has anyone tried Jumbo Joe Premium legs to help repair bad sockets?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 07:15:05 AM »
I had one and yes, the legs bolt through the bowl. I bastardized it to make an LBCF for some drum smokers.
If you look at the one on the left you can see the mounting holes that I cut around and bent them over to stabilize the bowl.

If I recall the tubes are larger diameter and won’t fit in a regular style kettle leg sockets

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:19:14 AM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!