Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Swing table end bracket replacement  (Read 1791 times)

crosseyedphoto

• Smokey Joe
    • Cross Eyed Photography
Swing table end bracket replacement
« on: September 16, 2018, 07:30:29 AM »
Hey all,

So in the process of restoring my Weber Genesis 2200, my swing table end bracket snapped. Is there a place where you can still buy them or does anyone on here have a grill graveyard and have one that I can buy off of you? Thanks all!

[attachment deleted by admin]
- Andrew

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Swing table end bracket replacement
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »
I might have one in the boneyard, where are you located... I have a look later today. And welcome to the club, show us what you're working on
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 03:28:28 PM »
I think I may have one is Varekai doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

crosseyedphoto

• Smokey Joe
    • Cross Eyed Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 04:48:16 AM »
Wow. You guys are awesome! I already got a PM from another member on here so I'll think I'm good to go but I'll PM you guys if that does not fall through.

I was helping my friend move last week and he asked if I wanted his grill (would not fit) I said sure, not even knowing what it was. After doing some research on it (and finding this club) I found these look amazing when restored! I have it completely stripped as of now. I cut all new wood slats that I will stain and coat and ordered all new internals (burners, flavorizer bars, warming racks...etc)

I will paint the exterior and I know a lot of you on here will sandblast the interior, but I don't know if I will go that extreme because I don't have one. Can't wait to post before and after photos! :)
- Andrew

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 05:12:44 AM »
Can't wait to see her all prettied up!!..

I wouldn't blast/repaint the hood.   It should clean up with some simple green or greased Lightning and 0000 Steel Wool.  As far as sand blasting the cook box or other aluminum parts, you may want to research "Soda Blasting".  There are several DIY videos on YouTube to make one.  I have the parts to do the DIY thing. Just haven't had time in my busy schedule to "Get at it".  I have the Rustoluem ULTRA HHT paint for the cook box and the lid sides.  Just don't paint the inside of the Cook box. I am restoring a red EI 2000 as well.  My slats are good.  Just going to sand them and seal with Spar Varnish

Welcome to the WKC and post up more pics as you "Get at it"...

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

crosseyedphoto

• Smokey Joe
    • Cross Eyed Photography
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 05:49:04 AM »
The red hood is in great condition and just needs a light cleaning, was talking about blasting the insides...I'll look into soda blasting...cheers and thanks!
- Andrew

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 08:28:09 PM »
Oh good lord, that's a heck of a score.  Congrats !!  Appears to be a 2200 Genny Platinum.   Does it lean just a bit to the left ?  Looks like it's missing casters. 

if you don't/can't go the blasting route, use an angle grinder with a 4in cup wire brush to get most of the inside of the lower cookbox clean.   it will save you a bunch of time/effort and will give you good results.  It just makes a mess  :-).    If you don't have an angle grinder, head over to HarborFreight and you can get one for just over $10 (with coupon).

Definitely can't wait to see how it turns out!

crosseyedphoto

• Smokey Joe
    • Cross Eyed Photography
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 08:16:42 AM »
Thanks for the info demosthenes9! Just picked up a wire cup brush, can't wait to try her out!
- Andrew

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 10:02:01 AM »

You may want to consider finding an older Genesis circa late 80s, or early 90s just for parts.

The end bracket in question was made of steel.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 06:10:58 PM »
@crosseyedphoto, i have the part, pm your address, send me $1000 or forever have your Genny look lopsided!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

crosseyedphoto

• Smokey Joe
    • Cross Eyed Photography
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 07:28:15 PM »
@varekai PM sent. Thank you!
- Andrew

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 08:42:00 PM »
@crosseyedphoto, it’ll go out tomorrow, You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 12:34:20 PM »
@crosseyedphoto , packed and labeled, its going UPS so you should have it tomorrow. I have a tracking number if we need it.

crosseyedphoto

• Smokey Joe
    • Cross Eyed Photography
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 03:17:55 PM »
@varekai DUDE! Huge thanks!
- Andrew

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 11:50:49 AM »
These are the kind of things that make this community unique
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill