Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stanbroil Stainless Steel Casted Griddle  (Read 1892 times)

jp217p

• WKC Brave
Stanbroil Stainless Steel Casted Griddle
« on: October 11, 2018, 06:45:07 PM »
I've been eyeing this for my GGA. Has anybody on here tried them? Or have any alternatives to this? I'd like to get as close as I can to a flat top. Thanks.

Stanbroil Stainless Steel Casting Griddle for Weber Go Anywhere Grills https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0791YDCKD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_6LaWBb5JG5V7A

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Stanbroil Stainless Steel Casted Griddle
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 04:17:58 AM »
My concern would be that half the size of a Go anywhere isn't a whole lot of real estate.  I also like there to be a lip on the edges of my griddles because inevitably there's a lot of grease that drips and flares up.   A cast iron pan is a better option IMO.  Or this-

https://northeastbbq.com/2018/04/20/the-perfect-fit-cast-iron-griddle-for-the-webergrills-go-anywhere/
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 06:27:37 AM »
My concern would be that half the size of a Go anywhere isn't a whole lot of real estate.  I also like there to be a lip on the edges of my griddles because inevitably there's a lot of grease that drips and flares up.   A cast iron pan is a better option IMO.  Or this-

https://northeastbbq.com/2018/04/20/the-perfect-fit-cast-iron-griddle-for-the-webergrills-go-anywhere/
This is one half, you can get two griddle halves to fill the grill.

I tried that cast iron griddle yesterday. There's a lot of heat escaping because it's not fit for the grill.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 06:51:34 AM »

I tried that cast iron griddle yesterday. There's a lot of heat escaping because it's not fit for the grill.

I get that, are the two halves $30 each or $30 for both. Also I still see monstrous grease flare up without a ridge and the griddle being so close to the fuel.

Maybe I'm wrong

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 07:15:53 AM »
+1 what joe said

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 11:59:04 AM »
I like this one  :o
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 01:01:49 PM »
I like this one  :o
That's pretty cool, I'm looking to fill as much of the GA as I can though.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 01:20:45 PM »
Looking at that cast iron set up, I see what you mean by heat escaping, but don't forget, a fire needs to "breathe" so there will inevitably be some escape... or should be in my opinion. Plus, it looks as though there is room to add coals from the sides and "feed" the fire easier... again, my opinion.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 05:21:59 PM »
Looking at that cast iron set up, I see what you mean by heat escaping, but don't forget, a fire needs to "breathe" so there will inevitably be some escape... or should be in my opinion. Plus, it looks as though there is room to add coals from the sides and "feed" the fire easier... again, my opinion.
That all makes sense but I'm trying to do this for a Go Anywhere Gas

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 06:27:41 PM »
@jp217p  My cousin gave me this Lodge 2 sided griddle-grill, it doesn’t fit inside a GA, but dang near covers the whole thing...

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 07:20:51 PM by varekai »
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 07:37:46 PM »
@jp217p  My cousin gave me this Lodge 2 sided griddle-grill, it doesn’t fit inside a GA, but dang near covers the whole thing...

That's the griddle I got at Walmart for $9. I tried it but I'd rather have the grates fit for the grill.

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 09:06:27 PM »

I get that, are the two halves $30 each or $30 for both. Also I still see monstrous grease flare up without a ridge and the griddle being so close to the fuel.

Maybe I'm wrong

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
It's $30 per side so $60 total.

It's got holes so the grease can drop into the coals. I would think that as long as the lid is on, flare ups should be to a minimum.

Also, I'm wanting to use this on the gas version of the Go Anywhere, flare-ups shouldn't be an issue as mine has the flavorizor bar.