Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Today's lunch, Rare strip steaks.  (Read 632 times)

Hofy

• WKC Brave
Today's lunch, Rare strip steaks.
« on: July 14, 2018, 03:20:12 PM »
Rare strip steaks, sprouts and corn on the cob.

EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
Re: Today's lunch, Rare strip steaks.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 03:24:19 PM »
Looks delish!  I'm surprised you got such good grill marks and were able to keep the meat that rare.

How do the brussel sprout kabobs work for you?  Any seasoning or anything?
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 04:17:13 PM »
I get the coals nice and hot and use baskets so they are right up under the grate. I preheat the cast iron grate with these coals for at least 20 minutes.  Steaks are 1 1/2" thick.  1 minute 20 seconds a side x2.  5 minutes 20 seconds total cook time.

Sprouts and corn done on the gasser.  Sprouts are rubbed with EVOO and some salt and pepper.  20-25 minutes at medium heat (350deg) 
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

JayyyR

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 04:26:09 AM »
I get the coals nice and hot and use baskets so they are right up under the grate. I preheat the cast iron grate with these coals for at least 20 minutes.  Steaks are 1 1/2" thick.  1 minute 20 seconds a side x2.  5 minutes 20 seconds total cook time.

Sprouts and corn done on the gasser.  Sprouts are rubbed with EVOO and some salt and pepper.  20-25 minutes at medium heat (350deg)

I use the same steak technique and it works wonders, picked it up from Kosmos Q. Use some lump and get my cheap char-griller fire box screaming hot with the cast iron grates and we are done in no time. About 6 1/2 mins for us as we like it medium.

Great looking meal Hofy  8)