Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grilled chicken strips  (Read 814 times)

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Grilled chicken strips
« on: June 27, 2018, 06:02:20 PM »
So we just picked up our box of zycon, boneless, skinless, chicken breasts. Cut up a couple breasts into strips. Grilled them tonight after marinating them with zesty Italian dressing, and a little mcormic grill mates chicken and poultry seasoning. Turned out pretty good. First time using chunk wood for a long time. It worked good. No soak, mesquite.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Grilled chicken strips
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 02:15:59 AM »
Looks awesome,i like italian dressing for a quick marinate especially with chicken. Did the mesquite over power the chicken? @bbqking01
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 10:32:37 AM »
Looks awesome,i like italian dressing for a quick marinate especially with chicken. Did the mesquite over power the chicken? @bbqking01
No....which is a good question, because I usually do not like mesquite. I like hickory, Apple, cherry, and the jd oak barrel chips. Used that chunk, and it was just a good Smokey flavor, just not as heavy as chips.....hmmm

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 10:58:44 AM »
I too have always steered away from mesquite with chicken, my biggest go to wood is peach apple and hickory depending on the protein. I usually like to mix 20% hickory with both the peach and apple makes a nice combination
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 11:37:31 AM »
I've mixed hickory, my favorite, with apple, and mixed hickory with cherry. I liked both. I like the Apple and cherry with pork...

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 11:44:41 AM »
I've mixed hickory, my favorite, with apple, and mixed hickory with cherry. I liked both. I like the Apple and cherry with pork...

I agree a little hickory with most fruit woods makes a nice combo