Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Charcoal Holders.  (Read 4203 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Charcoal Holders.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 02:14:27 PM »
More options.

I'll be using this setup for direct over coals rotisserie or skewers. Should minimize the handle of a bamboo skewer from burning. Dividers are removable.

A more conventional charcoal arrangement.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Charcoal Holders.
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 05:45:12 PM »
OK now you have my attention. For some reason, those last 2 setups just look especially crazy functional --- and different.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 06:22:06 PM »
OK now you have my attention. For some reason, those last 2 setups just look especially crazy functional --- and different.
You need one!  Quick and very simple to make.
On a different note, I'm finally done working on the grills and it's accessories. Even dialed in the smoker portion of it. Can finally spend more time cooking and enjoying the great summer weather. Well maybe not totally done, a couple of fully custom performers are looming in the horizon. Stay tuned.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 06:06:06 AM »
I just realized those center sections are held in by brackets on one side but by the walls on the other. Nicely done.

It's still June but I'm already in a race against time to finish my earlier kettle project, along with a few 40-50-60 yr old tractors, trailers and whatever other crap falls apart around here.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 07:30:29 AM »
Yeah those brackets  should be enough to hold the inserts in place. Hopefully they wouldn't  warp too much under high heat as I'm trying to avoid adding  some type of a reinforcement  plate.  I can always bolt 2 pieces together but decided to save the extra materials for other future projects. The material is not cheap either at  $22 per sq ft.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2018, 11:21:14 AM »
Just had to try it out. Salt & pepper tri tip steak.  Having the spit directly over the coals adds more flavor and doesn't require a drip pan.   Bowl remains clean and no  oily drip pan to deal with.