Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Firing up the Ranch: Burgers  (Read 1034 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Firing up the Ranch: Burgers
« on: June 08, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »
@Darko came by and we fired up the Ranch for a nice lunchtime burger cook and we spent a good chunk of the afternoon shooting the breeze on a beautiful day in my back yard.

I didn't get many pictures at all, but from this one, you can tell the Ranch was being used at a fraction of its capacity.  I filled a chimney with Basques sugar maple lump charcoal above the top and it covered only a small portion of the charcoal grate but it was enough to sear the burgers and heat the interior up enough to finish them indirect.  We also found a DR date code on at least one of the bottom dampers so it dates from 2006.  This is one monster of a barbecue!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
Re: Firing up the Ranch: Burgers
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 11:09:15 AM »
Really nice! I bought mine a year ago and was still not able to fire it up. Maybe few burgers is a good reason to finally do it[emoji3]

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 11:13:43 AM »
I think they are cool, awesome conversation piece and one big bad ass grill
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 11:56:18 AM »
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 12:18:31 PM »
It was an enjoyable afternoon and the burgers were delicious. Thanks for having me Rob.( @Lightning )

I'm always amazed at how huge that ranch kettle is.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 05:36:11 AM »
It was an enjoyable afternoon and the burgers were delicious. Thanks for having me Rob.( @Lightning )

I'm always amazed at how huge that ranch kettle is.

No problem - it was a great way to spend the afternoon - thanks for coming by!

@Lightning , Good for you, here is my single tri tip cook... http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/because-i-can/msg282068/#msg282068

Heh, wow!  Actually, Darko and I were joking about lighting up the whole ranch to cook one hot dog.

I need to fire the ranch up again soon.  I've got some tentative plans for this Sunday that'll see it lit up again if everything falls into place.