Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Friday night sirloin strips  (Read 745 times)

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
Friday night sirloin strips
« on: June 10, 2018, 05:30:07 PM »
Sirloins sounded good for this weekend's cabin trip. I brought up a couple of tomato plants, and was planning on using a junker HC as a planter, but it seems like too much hassle and over kill.  I did get the wheels pulled off for brewtownbeatdown.  Had a bear come up on the deck and pull down my bird feeders sometime this past week.  We haven't had a problem with them since the late 70s. I was able to mostly fix the seed feeder, but the tube has a big fang gash in it. Thanks for looking.

[attachment deleted by admin]

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Friday night sirloin strips
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 05:54:07 PM »
Damn! Do you leave the grills on the deck all the time? Ever worry about them tossing one thinking there’s meat in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 06:11:54 PM »
@kettlebb, the Cado sat up there, uncleaned, for 30 years with no hassle.  I now have 3 MBHs on the deck, or in the screen porch.  They have no apparent interest in them.  I emailed the feeder company to see if they offer replacement tubes.  My Folks have had way more bear problems in their Duluth neighborhood than we have had up in the woods.  All non-grill related.  They have two kettles on their deck.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:33:02 PM by Grillagin »

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 08:37:09 AM »
Great news!  I called the feeder company this morning and told a woman that a bear had damaged the seed tube.  She apologized for the malfunction, and is sending me a whole new feeder.  I bought this one because it is sensitive enough to keep the red and flying squirrels from filling their shirts on my seed.  They can scavenge below.  If you have a problem with squirrels at your feeder, this will solve it, especially the small ones.  I'm also installing a Yankee Flipper feeder up there.  They go for about $136 on Amazon, and my Dad picked one up at a garage sale for $2. Check out YouTube for vids on that.  looks like fun.

https://www.amazon.com/Roamwild-PestOff-Squirrel-Sunflower-Version/dp/B0191QWWI6/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1528734015&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=pestoff+bird+feeder&psc=1