Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pepper Stout Beef Question  (Read 2121 times)

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pepper Stout Beef Question
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 12:34:24 PM »
Whatever you did, @julweidn, it looks pretty damn good ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 01:16:02 PM »
Looks great. I’ve been introducing my wife and kids to spicy stuff for many years. The kids can tolerate MUCH spicier food than “normal” people. My wife has come a long way but I still have to be mindful.

My mother in law, forget it, she can’t take the slightest hint of spicy.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 11:43:37 AM »
Mrs Grillfella not a big fan of spicy food.  I tend to keep it a bit more simple.  She isn't a Fan of GREEN bell peppers.  I always use RED and shallots rather than the harsh red onion.  Before I pull it, I sprinkle in some chopped green onions a little Montreal steak seasoning and a splash of a stout and beef broth and put it  back on until the greenies melt a bit...  Its a spin that I prefer.  Pull it, spoon it on a soft yeast roll with some sliced provolone...  Works for us....
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 12:07:16 PM »
Mrs Grillfella not a big fan of spicy food.  I tend to keep it a bit more simple.  She isn't a Fan of GREEN bell peppers.  I always use RED and shallots rather than the harsh red onion.  Before I pull it, I sprinkle in some chopped green onions a little Montreal steak seasoning and a splash of a stout and beef broth and put it  back on until the greenies melt a bit...  Its a spin that I prefer.  Pull it, spoon it on a soft yeast roll with some sliced provolone...  Works for us....

Man, that sounds gooood!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 07:29:37 PM »
Looks great. I’ve been introducing my wife and kids to spicy stuff for many years. The kids can tolerate MUCH spicier food than “normal” people. My wife has come a long way but I still have to be mindful.

My mother in law, forget it, she can’t take the slightest hint of spicy.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I use yellow onion, red, orange & yellow  peppers (no green), take the seeds out of the jalapeno and use less jalapeno than called for in the recipe....it is not too spicy....kiddos and wife love it.   

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;