Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Turkey burgers, sweet potatoes, broccoli  (Read 820 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Turkey burgers, sweet potatoes, broccoli
« on: May 14, 2018, 03:34:47 PM »
Ground turkey on sale matched my desire for turkey burgers. But what to put with them? As I'm driving the car I spot a bag of sweet potatoes down in the passenger floorboard area ... which I did not buy. THEY'LL COOK, JUST THE SAME ... And my further explorations of grilled broccoli will happen.

18 with S'nS gets the nod for the potatoes, started first. I cut them lengthwise, brushed with butter and sprinkled cinnamon. This is with about 2/3 (or 3/4) of a full size chimney:

Oh crap they won't all fit! Just kidding.

And with coals starting up for the meat, that's next up in the boneyard cookery:

[in progress---]
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Turkey burgers, sweet potatoes, broccoli
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 03:51:45 PM »
After only a few minutes, some on the top, as expected, were reveled to be cooking faster:

I then "rotated" a few, putting some of the larger ones on the bottom in the Upper Deck.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 04:00:59 PM »
Sounds like a good meal tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 04:11:23 PM »
I hope so, G of G!

burgers at the flip:

I'm yanking these and putting them in foil.

Now to turn the burgers one more time / sear.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 05:33:47 PM »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 05:40:43 PM »
I love turkey and I love burgers. Just never had a turkey burger. Those look great!  Is that the sns charcoal basket?  Also I didn’t know an elevated rack for an 18 existed.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 05:51:26 PM »
Turkey was mixed with some Weber Blazin' Burger seasoning and chopped onion and a little olive oil.

[Edit: It's only got 7% fat, so the EVOO and fresh cut onion help retain/add moisture. This wisdom, as with so many other wisdoms, gleaned from @1buckie via search. Thanks Ken.]

Yeah, it's their aluminized basket. Jules V. and Mr.CHPo got some of the last of the SS ones made.

Kettle Kommander ... https://kettlekommander.com/products/upper-deck-stainless-steel-grate-for-18-kettle-grill?variant=35127026962 (I may have bought mine on Amazon?

I rarely make turkey burgers but that may change now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 05:55:19 PM by addicted-to-smoke »