Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mothers Day Score  (Read 1096 times)

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
Mothers Day Score
« on: May 13, 2018, 05:42:35 PM »
Just happened to open Facebook Marketplace last night and saw this one pop up for $25.  I messaged the seller 9 minutes after the add popped up, he did not respond until this morning and said it was available and I could pick it up at noon.  Long story short, I picked it up and it looks almost perfect.  The lid is perfect, not a mark on it or the rim.  The bowl has a couple rust spots but not bad for a 21 year old grill.  The sweeps work fine.  Its a EI code.  A cleaning and some new handles and it will be good as new.  I have not decided what I am going to do with it yet, I dont really need it so I may flip it.  Either way, for $25 it was a no brainer. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
Re: Mothers Day Score
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 05:46:07 PM »
Damage

[attachment deleted by admin]

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 05:49:03 PM »
Merely a flesh wound. Grate score, Congrats

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 06:31:12 PM »
Nice score!! How tender are those rust spots? Only asking cuz I’m trying to get a red SSP with similar wounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 07:18:14 PM »
Nice score!! How tender are those rust spots? Only asking cuz I’m trying to get a red SSP with similar wounds.

They are still solid, the weird part is they are both along the grate strap on the inside but they are both small dents.  It looks like it may have fallen over but the placement is perfect along the one strap.  Hard to explain but they are not rusted through and not soft so I am not too worried about them.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 07:20:43 PM »
Rust at grate straps is very common. Heat from both grates gets directly transferred to the bowl there.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 05:07:29 AM »

They are still solid, the weird part is they are both along the grate strap on the inside but they are both small dents.  It looks like it may have fallen over but the placement is perfect along the one strap.  Hard to explain but they are not rusted through and not soft so I am not too worried about them.
thanks!!

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.