Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Shining up dull legs?  (Read 1105 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Shining up dull legs?
« on: April 30, 2018, 11:44:31 AM »
Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to get the legs shiny again if they’ve gone be dull?  If not, does anyone have legs for a 22 that they might want to sell?  Any and all help is appreciated. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
Re: Shining up dull legs?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 11:49:50 AM »
Try „Nevre Dull“ or „All metal polish” from Meguiars.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Best regards,
Jan

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 11:56:15 AM »
All metal polish.
Right leg before left after

Best regards,
Jan

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 01:36:50 PM »
Be very careful here !!  I’m not sure about the date.. 2011 or so ( some one please help with the date ) Weber started anodizing the legs and these DO NOT like to be polished at all !
Trust me on this one ! If you forget about this you will quickly put a ugly looking spot on the leg and it shows up like a strip of bacon on a plate of rice.
The only repair for this damage is to SAND the anodized layer off of the entire leg and then polish the whole leg just to make it shine again. Then find out the the leg you worked on does not match the other 2 !  And now what are you going to do?
Just be careful !!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 04:53:32 PM »
And if you don't need it to be chromey-shiny, but merely new looking, just buy 1" shower curtain rod and cut to length. I guarantee you can do that easier and faster than any polishing job. (Those curved Euro legs excepted.)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 05:54:46 PM »
What about the pinched bit at the wheels?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 06:17:35 PM »

About 4 seconds with a hammer against the garage floor and it's done. After that, the drill bit. Trim the end with tin snips if you must.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 07:35:09 PM »
I bet that looks pretty

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 09:06:50 AM »

About 4 seconds with a hammer against the garage floor and it's done. After that, the drill bit. Trim the end with tin snips if you must.
Good to know. Thank you.