Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Saturday Cook: 1st time using Slow & Sear w/ Onefire Rotisserie  (Read 718 times)

Transit98

• WKC Brave
Busy weekend but took delivery of the rotisserie and had to get her a try. We cooked up 2 Cornish hens. (One with lemon and and a NJ Chicken rub the other with DizzyPig Peking.) Got some ribs to fit on the side over the drip try and throw on some Pineapple and Potato skewers half way through the cook.

Observations: The Onefire Universal works and fits grate. The only difference I can see between them and the weber is the counter weight location not being on the handle edge.

I used the slow and sear at the end to kiss the ribs. I learned you only need a quick period of time cause they will burn if left on for more than 2 minuets.

Im looking forward to cooking a bigger bird next week. Enjoy your Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:37:04 AM by Transit98 »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Saturday Cook: 1st time using Slow & Sear w/ Onefire Rotisserie
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 05:33:12 AM »
Hey, what a great looking cook! I like how you had so much going on there.
So, I’m curious if you cut the ribs individually, and if they took about the same time as the hens. I know you can do hot n fast ribs and they turn out fine. Cooking individual bones must cut the finish time down.
Great looking cooker and cook man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Transit98

• WKC Brave
Saturday Cook: 1st time using Slow & Sear w/ Onefire Rotisserie
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 06:04:20 AM »
Hey, what a great looking cook! I like how you had so much going on there.
So, I’m curious if you cut the ribs individually, and if they took about the same time as the hens. I know you can do hot n fast ribs and they turn out fine. Cooking individual bones must cut the finish time down.
Great looking cooker and cook man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks @Travis[emoji109]🏻 I told the wife to pick up some small chickens and a small/cheap pack of ribs. They were cut in the package. Random ribs. They tasted good but the sizes and meat amount on each was all over the place so had to keep 3 ribs on longer cause they weren’t cooked with the rest of the meal.

Learnings here were get ribs uncut from the store and more likely to have common meat amount and easier to cook.

Pineapples came out good but next time trying them with brown sugar and some butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club