Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe  (Read 810 times)

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
« on: April 20, 2018, 06:08:34 PM »
Does anyone have an interesting stuffed mushrooms recipe or any tips on cooking them? I’ve done ‘em once and they were just okay.

These were stuffed with a cream cheese/shredded cheese mix and seasoned with salt-pepper-garlic. I smoked them for about an hour, which I don’t think was enough time.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
Re: Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 06:49:49 PM »
Maytag Blue cheese, chopped mushroom stems, sautéed onion, kosher salt, homemade bread crumbs and wing sauce.  Dab of butter and drop of hot sauce in mushroom, then stuff and bake at 400something until top is just browning.  I freestyle the recipe every time by taste but that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 07:12:54 PM »
Maytag Blue cheese, chopped mushroom stems, sautéed onion, kosher salt, homemade bread crumbs and wing sauce.  Dab of butter and drop of hot sauce in mushroom, then stuff and bake at 400something until top is just browning.  I freestyle the recipe every time by taste but that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great! Thank you!
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 05:22:16 AM »
I like to fill em with seasoned black beans (from a can) and cover with cheddar...Great flavor combo and good for ya too...

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 08:27:25 AM »
I like to fill em with seasoned black beans (from a can) and cover with cheddar...Great flavor combo and good for ya too...

Not a huge fan of black beans, butt I'd try that. Our normal around here is finely chopped trinity, crab, and a bit of homemade sauce, sprinkled with Asiago cheese. Frikken yummo.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 06:11:22 PM »
So I tried stuffed mushrooms again tonight. I used a made-up recipe similar to the one @blksabbath suggested: cheddar cheese, sautéed onions, chopped mushroom stems, a little Tony’s creole seasoning with a dab of butter and a drop of butter in each mushroom... all on my birth kettle. I cooked them for twenty minutes at about four hundred degrees on indirect. They were pretty good, though next time I’ll probably leave them on for at least ten more minutes to dry out the ‘shrooms.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:22:43 PM by TheKevman »