Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ThermoPro TP20?  (Read 1397 times)

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
ThermoPro TP20?
« on: April 18, 2018, 05:03:28 PM »
Anyone here using this device? I am looking for a device that has longer range than bluetooth and I do like the Thermoworks Smoke.

The ThermoPro TP20 does seem like a decent option at half the price via amazon and a coupon code.

To anyone that has used one...

How is reliability?

Have you taken advantage of the lifetime probe warranty?

One thing I like on this better than the Smoke is that it has a built in countdown / elapsed timer built into the hand set. I find myself always using an elapsed timer to monitor where I am at.

Edit:
How do the two included meat probes work as ambient probes? Everyone else seems to use different probes for each function.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 05:05:10 PM by GoAnywhereJeep »
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
Re: ThermoPro TP20?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 06:44:10 AM »
I got a TP08 dirt cheap off of Ebay. I've only used it a few times though. The reason I chose the TP08 over the TP20 is you can set a low (and high) temp alarm for the pit temp which gave me confidence to go fall asleep on an overnight smoke using the Ranch.

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 08:57:37 AM »
Thermoworks is having a private (oops), by invitation sale on open box Smokes so I just grabbed one of those and a couple of extra probes - also on sale.

For anyone else that cares, the amazon deal on the TP20 is here (found it on another forum, where ThermoPro posted it):

US Store: http://amzn.to/2B30ZqN
US Coupon Code: IF5RBOKA
Canada Store: http://amzn.to/2zUSMXN
Canada Coupon Code: OSPI6YA6

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:59:57 AM by GoAnywhereJeep »

elninohese

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 11:13:02 AM »
So just found out you need to drill whole in WEBER MASTER TOUCH KETTLE, to use lets say Thermopro t20.  Really dont want to drill and make seal---soooo , do you just use a portable pens to test doneness? is there any other way to use wireless without drilling?

would you just put it under lid? if so --does smoke and heat fluctuations happen cause there is a gap?

Rikster71

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 12:37:11 PM »
Under the lid or through the vent, I go under the lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

elninohese

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 05:08:56 AM »
So every time you open the lid. You disconnect probes. And reattach when you close.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 05:20:46 AM »
I have the Maverick and I hang it using the stand and hang it off the lid handle whenever I remove the lid. I also hang the lid so that the Maverick can hang. Not sure if the TP20 has something like that

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 06:08:57 AM »
I stopped using all those damn wires years ago. Now, Thermapen and Thermopops. And a good thermo in the lid don't hurt. Just how I rock.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 07:02:06 AM »
I stopped using all those damn wires years ago. Now, Thermapen and Thermopops. And a good thermo in the lid don't hurt. Just how I rock.

I hear you on that. A BBQ Guru has a lot of wires. 4, plus a power wire and a fan wire.

I am using a thermopen for most of my cooks but still want a simple remote monitor setup for longer cooks/smokes. Running an occasional single or dual channel (one or two wires) is within my tolerance level.