Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A Lull in the storm  (Read 776 times)

smokestain

• Smokey Joe
A Lull in the storm
« on: April 15, 2018, 06:22:14 AM »
Smoked a 4lb. pork loin during a lull in a big snow and ice storm in Wisconsin.  Apparently Mother Nature still has some unfinished winter business.  I planned on posting more pictures of this cook, but we lost power and getting my generator tied into my furnace before the house got cold took precedence.  Hopefully this old MT and I will get to show off some of her magic again soon.  Working as a team, my wife and I got heat going in the house, and managed a delicious candlelit (lol, only light we had) dinner of pork loin, stuffing, and peas.  Everything made on the grill due to the power outage.  With the busyness of preparing for power outage this is the only picture we got.

Thanks for looking.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Buy a chimney they said....Its safer, less chemicals they said....Now my kids will find out that I died from eating burned newspaper ink!

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
Re: A Lull in the storm
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 07:31:49 AM »
Well done! I always enjoy cooking in less-than-ideal conditions. Makes it more fun!
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 07:19:57 AM »
No fun losing power for sure... and having Weber to the rescue is a blessing!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 07:25:18 AM »
fine job
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill