Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Well... It was free...  (Read 1537 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Well... It was free...
« on: May 15, 2018, 04:46:40 AM »
So Trash day was upon us.  Pulling into the driveway, my wife spies a Gasser out for big pick up at a neighbors.  I jump out of the truck, and go ring his door bell. 

Me:  "Paul... what are you doing just putting that Weber Gas Grill out for TRASH?!?!
Paul:  "Well  its a gas grill.  You don't like Gas Grills"
Me: "If its okay, i will take it home and go through it.  I have fellas that might be able use parts if I can't get her to fire"
Paul:  "I hate Webers they wear out"
Me:  "slience......"

So I wheel it home.  Put it on the patio with the other "Projects"....  Saturday, being bored... I dig in... Grates are spent.  Flavorizer bars... Spent... Burners.... covered in Rust and cook box is full of "Gunk".    The Frame is solid and just surface dirt / dust.

I clean out the Gunk.  Tossed the Grates and Bars.  Brass brushed the burner tubes.  Checked all valving and hoses and igniter.  Igniter collector... spent...   I hook up the tank.  Hit the igniter... well... we have spark... Turned on the gas and used the spare long lighter and WHOOSH!!! burner 1 fired.  turned on 2 and 3... WHOOOOOSH!!  all burning with blue flame and 1/4 inch yellow tips.... Hmmmm....  possible flip right here.  Jump on Grillparts.com and order up what I needed.    My next door neighbor ( @Bob BQ  ) the one you were perving over his black 22 back in Sept.  He asked me what I was doing with that "Gasser".... Told him the story minus the details.  He says "Wait... I think I have something that will work for this grill..... He goes home and brings me a NIB from WEBER GRILL PARTS.COM, a set of new SS burner tubes!!! :O  I WAS gonna flip it... and now... I am the proud owner of the Gasser.   New Grates, Bars, igniter collector and burners... 

Looks like the Cover for the Genesis B I have on the Deck will fit. 

No Pics yet... However, I will have some once the New parts arrive and are installed.

Even tho it was "Free"... I have about $115.00 in parts invested.  BUT... she is good as new.  $350.00 worth of grill for $115.00 and a little time and effort. 

Sold a few kettles and bought parts for the gasser and the kettle fund is still viable... :)

Grill on fellas!!

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Well... It was free...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 05:18:10 AM »
Pics! (or it didn't happen)....
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 08:45:45 AM »
Nice.    Congrats.    Love it when people think that their Weber has worn out. !

As Bob said, we do need pics

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 10:43:30 AM »
Free, it is always worth saving up for.
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 10:50:04 AM »
Nice score

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow