Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Two birds, one spit  (Read 642 times)

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
Two birds, one spit
« on: April 07, 2018, 01:24:23 PM »
This is first try at doubling up on the roti.  Dry brined for about 4 hours in salt, pepper, and Penzy’s north wood seasoning.  Then I trussed the bejesus out of the birds and crammed them together.  Spin at full throttle and heat for about 1.75hrs.  Temps were about 425-450 the whole time.  Hot!  Then wrapped in foil and resting to be pulled for my daughters first communion party tomorrow.  It smells and tastes pretty damn frickin good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Two birds, one spit
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 02:58:09 PM »
And then do you just reheat in an oven tomorrow, while still wrapped, or?

I like those 4-tine skewers. My Weber skewers are the normal kind with 2 tines and sometimes stuff flops around.

I did this yesterday. But I have been using two sets of skewers for my double spinner. The meat necessarily gets spread out, and the end skewers must be placed as far out as possible but it does fit (barely). Next time I'll try it with just end skewers.

action shot!

with asparagus

best evah!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 03:00:39 PM by addicted-to-smoke »
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch