Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red Limited Edition Performer  (Read 17597 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Red Limited Edition Performer
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2018, 07:01:56 AM »
On Facebook's Weber Kettle Fans' group there's another version based on Jules' inspiration: https://www.facebook.com/groups/weberkettlefans/permalink/796297597235053/

Note the use of Unknown BBQ's kettle brackets (I didn't realize they made them ... ) http://unknownbbq.com/kettle-brackets/
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2018, 07:47:29 AM »
@zavod44

Other than being short, i have some minor elbow issue in my right arm so i have much less fatigue if it's pointed straight down instead of bent at the elbow at a 90 degree position. The sweet spot for me in terms of the tabletop height  is 27".  All but 1 of my ssp are 27" high or low for that matter.  The LE is currently at 27 1/2". Grass green is even shorter at 24 1/2"  as I'm planning to add a drum stacker.  Couple benefits of lowering the frames and eliminating the casters  makes the frame very stiff and stable. I also use a stainless threaded rod for the axle in order to add nuts on both the inside and outside of the frame's legs. It will not rock side to side or front to back.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2018, 08:38:41 AM »

Note the use of Unknown BBQ's kettle brackets (I didn't realize they made them ... ) http://unknownbbq.com/kettle-brackets/
Don't buy unknown. Nothing beats the brackets from @qwesthunter. Made of 1/8" mirror finish stainless.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2018, 10:40:22 AM »
Nice to see others getting into the bracket business! I looked at the unknownbbq version, and it sounds like one size fits both 22.5 and 26.75 bowls. I suppose you could make it work that way, (I know. I tried.) but it's a compromise I was not willing to make in the end. Glad I'm not competing with either of these guys though. Hope the market is big enough for both. I sold maybe 35 sets over three years here. If they can cover costs at $30/set, more power to 'em.
Retired

qwesthunter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2018, 11:59:51 AM »
Nice to see others getting into the bracket business! I looked at the unknownbbq version, and it sounds like one size fits both 22.5 and 26.75 bowls. I suppose you could make it work that way, (I know. I tried.) but it's a compromise I was not willing to make in the end. Glad I'm not competing with either of these guys though. Hope the market is big enough for both. I sold maybe 35 sets over three years here. If they can cover costs at $30/set, more power to 'em.
I sell the brackets for $30/set. I have designed them so that they will work on 18.5”, 22.5”and the 26.75”bowls. These are made from 304 stainless and can be used on any performer table as well as custom tables. You would have no issues with any application as the bowl tabs form to the bowl. You can check them out on Facebook at R shack bbq or message me. And a big thank you to @Jules V for promoting them as well as using them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qwesthunter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2018, 01:41:51 PM »

Don't buy unknown. Nothing beats the brackets from @qwesthunter. Made of 1/8" mirror finish stainless.

Thank you for the support @Jules V. So neat seeing your builds come together

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2018, 03:28:51 PM »

This is what I want to do w my new LE red but don’t have a damn cart....
Poses a slight problem...

Vinny
Come get some[emoji3]

Where’s is this gold mine at???

Vinny

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Red Limited Edition Performer
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2018, 04:25:26 PM »

Where’s is this gold mine at[emoji47]

Vinny
A few miles northwest west of west Chicago...approximately 2000 miles
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 04:27:47 PM by Jules V. »

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2018, 11:40:12 AM »
What the hell???!!!!

Lol

Vinny

qwesthunter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2018, 12:07:34 PM »
What the hell???!!!!

Lol

Vinny
Hey Vinny—stay out of my secret honey hole...lol

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2018, 12:15:03 PM »
FINE!!!!!

The search continues....

Vinny

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2018, 12:21:35 PM »
FINE!!!!!

The search continues....

Vinny
So many performers for sale under $50. So just buy 1 and sell the lid and bowl for $50.02 that way you'll end up with a free frame and also get your 2 cents in.

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2018, 12:22:52 PM »
Haven’t found anything around here... yet

Vinny

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2018, 04:38:04 PM »
Beautiful build and it looks easiest enough for a guy with my skill set... haha. I have a recently acquired a H code brownie that will be going into a Gen 1 cart I'm getting Tuesday from local member @spacemanspif... this will be my first performer and I am not sure how far I will go in on this mod. Also thanks to @qwesthunter for brackets.
I'm excited about this build and look forward to posting its progression. @julesV I'll more than likely reach out through process.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2018, 07:00:02 PM »
Beautiful build and it looks easiest enough for a guy with my skill set... haha. I have a recently acquired a H code brownie that will be going into a Gen 1 cart I'm getting Tuesday from local member @spacemanspif... this will be my first performer and I am not sure how far I will go in on this mod. Also thanks to @qwesthunter for brackets.
I'm excited about this build and look forward to posting its progression. @julesV I'll more than likely reach out through process.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Mounting a bowl into a performer frame may sound daunting  but actually it's a very simple process. If it's your first time drilling holes in a kettle,  try to get a damaged lid or a bowl and practice drilling holes in it so you'll know what to expect before you actually start drilling away on your prized kettle. Just send me a PM if you have any questions.